Go to Cartwright Photos 229-456
457. St. John Nepomuk's tomb, Prague.
458. Cartwright family and other tourists looking out of bus windows, Vienna, Austria, 1938.
459. Adolf Hitler Square and Council House, Vienna.
460. The Shoenbroen Palace, Vienna.
461. The University, Vienna.
462. "Hochhaus," Vienna.
463. Votive Church, Vienna.
464. St. Stephen's Church, Vienna.
465. Street scene, Vienna.
466. Johann Strauss Memorial, Vienna.
467. Monument, Vienna.
468. Helden Square, with statue, Vienna.
469. Panoramic view of Vienna, bridges crossing the Danube.
470. Schwarzenberg Square, Vienna.
471. Colleoni Monument, Venice, Italy.
472. Church of the Salute, view from across canal, Venice.
473. St. Mark's Church, Venice.
474. St. Mark's Church, viewed from above, "The Moors" on church top, Venice.
475. St. Mark's Church, front view, Venice.
476. St. Mark's Church and Ducal Palace, view from above.
477. Ducal Palace and Schiavoni Quay.
478. Ducal Palace. Venice, Itally.
479. Ducal palace court. Venice, Italy.
480. Ducal Palace entrance. Venice, Italy.
481. Corner of the Ducal Palace. Venice, Italy.
482. Ca' D'Oro Palace, viewed from canal, gondola in foreground, Venice, Italy.
483. The Grand Canal and Franchetti Palace, Venice, Italy.
484. Gondolas passing under the Bridge of Sighs, Venice.
485. Rialto Bridge, gondolas in foreground, Venice.
486. General view of Venice, from canal, gondola in foreground.
487. St. Mark's Ferry and St. George's Island, view from wharf, Venice.
488. St. Mark's Basin, and general view of Venice.
489. The Grand Canal and the Scalzi Church, Venice.
490. Venice, general view.
491. Church courtyard, Alps in background, Luzern, Switzerland.
492. Panoramic view of Luzern.
493. Luzern viewed from above, boats in lake.
494. Luzern, panoramic view, Alps in background.
495. View of Sea-bridge, railway station bridge, and Alps, Luzern.
496. Boats docked at wharf, Luzern.
497. View of Luzern, lake, Hotel du Lad, Alps in background.
498. Chapel bridge and water tower, Alps in background, Luzern.
499. Bridge, Luzern.
500. Chapel bridge and water tower, Luzern.
501. Chapel bridge interior, Luzern.
502. Lion memorial, Luzern.
Scenes in numbers 503-505 are views of drive from Luzern to Interlaken, Switzerland.
503. Bus on road in Alps, Hotel Monte Prosa to the right, Gotthard, Switzerland.
504. Small village in Swiss Alps, panoramic view.
505. Small village in Alps, pine trees and creek in foreground, Switzerland.
506. Train and village with church, in Alpine Valley, Switzerland.
507. Village in Alpine valley, with hospital, Switzerland.
508. Train, and village in Alpine Valley, Switzerland.
509. Railroad tracks in the Alps, near a lake, Switzerland.
510. Devil's bridge and a highway in the Alps, Switzerland.
511. Road with hair pin turns, in the Alps, Switzerland.
512. Lake and waterfalls in Alps, Switzerland.
513. Aerial view of Geneva, with Lake Geneva.
514. St. Pierre's Cathedral, Geneva.
515. The Palace of Nations, view of Geneva and Mont Blanc.
516. Mont Blanc Bridge and J. J. Rousseau Island, Geneva.
517. View of Geneva from the lake, Mont Blanc in background.
518. The pier on the lake, Mont Blanc in the background, Geneva.
519. Mont Blanc quay and a view of Geneva.
520. The Brunswick Monument and the Mont Blanc quay, Geneva.
521. Reformation Monument, Geneva.
522. Albert Thomas Monument and the International Work Bureau, Geneva.
523. Tuileries Gardens, Paris, France.
524. Arch of Triumph, Paris.
525. The Pantheon, Paris.
526. Palace of the Louvre.
527. Bourbon Palace, Chamber of Deputies Seat, Paris.
528. Hotel de Ville, City Hall, Paris.
529. Cluny Museum, Paris.
530. The Conciergerie, Paris.
531. Luxembourg Palace and gardens, Paris.
532. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier under Arch of Triumph, Paris.
533. Eiffel Tower, viewed across Seine, Paris.
534. Tower of St. Jacques, Paris.
535. Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris.
536. Sainte Chapelle, Paris.
537. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris.
538. Versailles Palace and gardens, photo copy of a drawing, panoramic view.
539. Versailles Palace, France.
540. Versailles Palace and pool.
541. Entrance gate to Versailles Palace.
542. Versailles Palace and garden, viewed from above.
543. Versailles garden, view from pool, palace in background.
544. Temple of Love in Versailles Palace garden.
545. Ornate building in Versailles Palace garden, "Petit trianon."
546. Cottage in Versailles Palace garden, "Petit trianon."
547. Palace of Versailles gallery.
548. Picture gallery, Versailles Palace.
549. Bedroom, Versailles Palace.
550. Coach and sleighs, Versailles Palace.
551. Cartwright family among group of tourists, in courtyard, Versailles Palace. Wilburn and Wilburta at left, Carrie and Doralyn in center, September, 1938.
552. Outdoor market in Mexico, Mexicans looking at pottery display, September, 1941.
553. Mexicans looking at rugs, outdoor market. 1941.
554. Three men with burros in Mexican countryside.
555. Two Mexican men with a camera in a boat, lake surrounded by trees, Mexico.
556. Mexican woman making tortillas in building courtyard.
557. Mexican women washing clothing in river, little boy nearby.
558. Building, possibly a hospital, Mexico.
559. American Consulate Building, Mexico.
560. President's Palace, Mexico.
561. Three women, in Mexican dress, and a man, by a coach.
562. Mexican mariachi group, woman with guitar, men with violins.
563. Building ruins, photo captioned: "Desierto de los leones."
564. People looking at ruins.
565. Path between two rows of trees, photo captioned: "Desierto de los leones."
566. Hallway of a building ruins.
567. People and cars on a beach, Tampico, Mexico, 1941.
568. Little boy standing by a leopard, Tampico, Mexico, 1941.
569. Man holding fishing rod, standing between two large fish, caught in "Rio Panueo," Tampico, Mexico.
570. View of trains, buildings, Tampico, Mexico.
571. Fishing boats at dock, Tampico, Mexico.
572. Mexican woman, curtsying in front of wreath for President Quezon.
573. Two men in a small fishing boat, Xochimilco, Mexico.
574. Two men in a small fishing boat, in a tree lined canal, Xochimilco.
575. Man in boat on lake, Xochimilco.
576. Man paddling small boat down canal, Xochimilco.
577. Flower decorated boats in canal, Montezuma Restaurant at river's edge, Xochimilco.
578. Small excursion boats docked at canal's edge, crowd of people on land, Xochimilco.
579. Small excursion boats in canal, near a restaurant, Xochimilco.
580. Small excursion boats docked at restaurant, Xochimilco.
581. Josh and Mrs. Lee, Carrie Cartwright, and unidentified man, standing in excursion boat, Xochimilco, Mexico.
582. Mrs. Josh Lee and Carrie Cartwright, looking through a rose poster, Xochimilco.
583. Carrie Cartwright, on boat, Xochimilco.
584. Hotel Reformas, Mexico, where Cartwrights stayed, September, 1941.
585. Mrs. Josh Lee, Carrie Cartwright and Josh Lee, seated on a small excursion boat, Xochimilco.
586. El Pocita Church, Mexico. Color postcard.
587. Basilica Cathedral, Mexico. Color postcard.
588. Drawing of Monterrey, Mexico. Color postcard.
589. Mexican bullfight, ten color photos in Postcard package.
590. Wilburn Cartwright, with arms around two unidentified Mexicans, 1941.
591. Group of people in a room, probably Mexican legislative session; identified on photo are: Carrie Cartwright, Wilburn Cartwright, Josh Lee, Mouge, Johnson, Kerr, and Walcott; Mexico, 1941.
592. Cartwrights and others seated at banquet table, Mexico, 1941. Indicated by name on photo are: Josh Lee, Mrs. Lee, Wilburn Cartwright, Carrie, Cortez Herrerr, and two Mexican senators.
593. Cartwrights, Lees, and Cortez Herrerr at banquet, Mexico, 1941.
594. Mexican banquet, Cartwrights and Lees, musicians behind head table and Cortez Herrerr, Mexico, 1941.
595. Group of people posed in a dining room, Mexicans in national dress, Josh and Mrs. Lee in second row, center, Wilburn and Carrie Cartwright, in second row, at right, Mexico, 1941. Photographer - F. Perez Romero.
596. Wilburn Cartwrights, Josh Lees, and others standing by a Mexican monument, Mexico, 1941. Photographer - F. Perez Romero. Autographed by Mexican officials.
597. Wilburn Cartwright and others standing by a Mexican monument, autographed. Photographer - F. Perez Romero.
598. Group of people standing at a building entrance, Wilburn Cartwright in front, center, Mexico, 1941.
599. Group of men standing, Wilburn Cartwright is fourth from right, Mexico, 1941.
600. Cartwright and others standing on steps of building, outdoors. Wilburn Cartwright in center, second row, Mexico, 1941.
601. Group of people at a dinner. Wilburn Cartwright is second from left, Mexico, 1941.
602. Group of people standing outdoors, flags in background. Wilburn Cartwright, third from right, Mexico, 1941.
603. Group of men standing on a tile floor. Wilburn Cartwright is fourth from right, front row, Mexico, 1941.
604. Group of men standing at building entrance, Wilburn Cartwright, fourth from right. Mexico, 1941.
605-606. Cartwright and others at Mexican legislative session. At the microphone, Deputy Luna, seated in back from left to right: Dowels, Kerr, Walcott, Deputy Mouge of Peru, speaker; Johnson, and Cartwright. Mexico, 1941. Two different photos.
607-608. Aztec pageant in Mexico, 1941. Photographer - Jose Rios.
609. Jed Johnson at Monticello, with his wife, Beatrice, and daughter, Jedolyn Jean (later called Jean), 1927.
610. Jed Johnson, Beatrice, and Jean, in front of a house, Monticello, 1927.
611. Jed Johnson holding Jean, near U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C., 1928.
612-613. Johnson family, left to right: Jed, Joan, Beatrice, and Jean, circa 1934. Two different photos.
614. Jed and Beatrice Johnson standing in front of a house, circa 1934.
615. Johnson family standing outdoors, in front: Joan and Jean, in back: Beatrice and Jed holding Janelle, May, 1935.
616. Johnson family standing in a park, in front: Jean and Joan. behind: Beatrice holding Janelle and Jed. May 1935.
617. Jed Johnson at his desk, 1935. Studio portrait, inscribed to Wilburn Cartwright.
618. Jed Johnson, Theodore Bilbo, and unidentified man, separate photos. Studio portraits. 1935.
619. Johnson family, standing outdoors. In front: Joan, Janelle, Jean, holding dolls. Beatrice and Jed in back. Late 1930s.
620. Johnson family, seated. Left to right: Joan, Janelle, Jed, Jed, Jr.; Beatrice, and Jean, circa 1939. Studio portrait. Photographer - Harris and Ewing.
620B. Holiday postcard w/photo of Jed Johnson family: (left to right) Joan, Jed, Janelle, Jed Jr., Beatrice, Jean. Early 1940s.
621. Franklin Roosevelt, seated, shaking hands with Jed Johnson. Inscribed to Johnson by Roosevelt, and to Cartwright by Johnson in 1939.
622. Jed Johnson and Wilburn Cartwright, seated, circa 1939.
623. Johnson family, left to right: Joan, Jed, Janelle, Jed, Jr.; Beatrice, and Jean, circa 1940s. Greeting card.
624. Oklahoma Oddfellows' Home.
625. Members of G. W. Anderson memorial class, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of South McAlester. Red arrow indicates Wilburn Cartwright, near center, second row. April 1924. Photographer - Conrad and Whitehouse, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
626. Dinner honoring William A. Pittenger, International Order of Odd Fellows Grande Sire. Wilburn Cartwright at head table. Hotel Bradford, Massachusetts, March, 1935. Photographer -Fay Foto, Boston. Oversized.
627. I.O.O.F. meeting, Wilburn Cartwright at head table. Madison Hotel, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 1937. Photographer - Central Studios. Oversized.
628. International Order of Odd Fellows; Sovereign Grand Lodge Meeting, New York City, 1936. Photographer - Empire Photographers, New York City. Oversized.
629. Wilburn Cartwright, Grand Master and other I.O.O.F. members, W. V. Gregory, Frank Growther, M. M. Logan, George W. Huddleston and W. A. Pittenger, 1934-5. Two poses, one photo is autographed.
630. Wilburn Cartwright, William Pittenger, and unidentified man in center.
631. Oklahomans in Washington, D. C.; front row from left to right: Harvey Cobb, Frank Clockner, Wilburn Cartwright, Representative James McClintic, Richard Lloyd. Second row: Mrs. U. S. Stone, R. W. Hutto, Carrie Cartwright. Third row: R. V. Downway, Jed Johnson, Beatrice Johnson, Representative U. S. Stone, circa 1927. Photographer - Henry Miller, News Picture Service.
632. Group of nine men, Wilburn Cartwright in center, circa 1940.
633. Four men standing, Wilburn Cartwright, second from right.
634. Wilburn Cartwright, American Road Builders' Association Director, Charles Upham, Norman Bel Geddes, and Charles Kettering. Autographed.
635. W. W. Mack, Wilburn Cartwright, and Alfred P. Sloan, Jr.
636. Congressman Colmer's Shrimp luncheon, sponsored by the city of Biloxi, Mississippi, and the Biloxi Seafood Association. Speaker's Dining Room, U. S. Capitol Building, April, 1938. Wilburn Cartwright standing, third from right. Photographer - Capitol Photo Service, Washington, D. C. Oversized.
637. Dinner given by Commander-in-Chief, Eugene I. Van Antwerp, for the war veterans in the 76th Congress. Wilburn Cartwright at rear, Hotel Mayflower, Washington, D. C., February, 1939. Photographer - Schultz. Oversized.
638. Carrie Cartwright, unidentified woman and Beatrice Johnson, at luncheon table, two unidentified men standing behind.
639. Congressmen at a dinner. Wilburn Cartwright is fourth from left.
640. Wilburn Cartwright and Elmer Thomas, seated, looking at papers, Congressman Will Rogers standing behind. 1930s.
641. Wilburn Cartwright being congratulated on his appointment to Roads Committee Chairman by Representative Rainey; Democratic Floor Leader Joseph Byrnes watches, 1927.
642. Oklahoma Congressmen, U. S. House of Representatives, 1935-36. Standing, left to right: Wesley Disney, Jed Johnson, Phil Ferguson, Wilburn Cartwright, P. L. Gassaway. Seated, left to right: Jack Nichols, Will Rogers, Josh Lee, and Sam Massingale.
643. U. S. Congressmen, from Oklahoma, 1935, standing on steps. Left to right: P. L. Gassaway, 4th district, Jack Nichols, 2nd district, Phil Ferguson, 8th district, Will Rogers, at large, Wesley Disney, 1st district, Sam Massingale, 7th district, Jed Johnson, 6th district, Senator Josh Lee, and Wilburn Cartwright, 3rd district. Photographer - H. J. MacDonald, Washington, D. C. Autographed. Oversized.
644. Wilburn Cartwright, seated at desk, by unidentified man. Standing behind, left to right: Sam Massingale, Lyle Boren, Wesley Disney, Jed Johnson, Phil Ferguson, and unidentified man, circa 1939.
645. U. S. Congressman from Oklahoma, 1939-40. Seated, left to right: Wilburn Cartwright, Senator Elmer Thomas, Senator Josh Lee, Jed Johnson, Will Rogers. Standing, left to right. Sam Massingale, Jack Nichols, Phil Ferguson, Mike Monroney, Wesley Disney, and Lyle Boren. Autographed. Oversized.
646. Oklahoma delegates to the 77th U. S. Congress, circa 1942. Seated, left to right: Senator Elmer Thomas, Wilburn Cartwright, Jed Johnson, Wesley Disney, Will Rogers. Standing, left to right: Jack Nichols, Lyle Boren, Mike Monroney, Ross Rizley and Victor Wickersham.
647. U. S. Congressmen from Oklahoma. Seated, from left to right: Senator Elmer Thomas, Wilburn Cartwright, Jed Johnson, Wesley Disney, Will Rogers. Standing, left to right: Jack Nichols, Lyle Boren, Mike Monroney, Ross Rizley, and Victor Wickersham.
648. Members of U. S. House of Representatives, Wilburn Cartwright is sixth from left, seated. Photographer - Harris and Ewing. Oversized.
649. Denison Dam inspection. Left to right: Wilburn Cartwright, C. R. Brown, engineer, Mr. Overstreet, Durant Mayor, Millard Cope, Denison Herald publisher, and W. W. Wanamaker, engineer. 17 November 1942.
650. Denison Dam inspection. Left to right: C. R. Brown, Millard Cope. Wilburn Cartwright, Overstreet, W. W. Wanamaker. 17 November 1942.
651. U. S. Bureau of Public Roads staff, standing on building steps. Wilburn Cartwright is 3rd from left, front row, Herbert Hoover is 6th from left, front row. Oversized.
652. Wilburn Cartwright, Oklahoma Secretary of State, seated at a table with a group of people. 17 February 1949. Photographer - Home Portrait Studio, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
653. Wilburn Cartwright, Oklahoma Secretary of State, with group of people. February, 1949. Photographer - Home Portrait Studio, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
654. Wilburn Cartwright, seated with group of people. February, 1949. Photographer - Home Portrait Studio, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
655. Wilburn Cartwright, Gene Autry, and unidentified man standing on steps of Capitol Building.
656. Wilburn Cartwright and Wanda Montgomery, on a city street, 1940s.
657. Wilburn Cartwright, standing with an unidentified man, 18 June 1934. Photographer - Associated Press.
658. Wilburn Cartwright (at left), Major T. H. Cutler, Robert B. Brooks, and Leopold Farias. Victoria, Mexico. Taken during Mexican Highway inauguration, July, 1936.
659. Wilburn Cartwright, second from left, Jed Johnson, third from left, and Charles Lindbergh, center. circa 1927. Photographer - Henry Miller, News Picture Service, Washington, D. C.
660. Wilburn Cartwright, at right, standing outdoors with two cowgirls and two men. Kingsville, Texas, 20 August 1949. Photographer - J. A. Dodd, Kingsville, Texas.
661. Wilburn Cartwright, at right, Jed Johnson, and unidentified man, in center.
662. Twentieth May Festival chorus and orchestra, Hill Auditorium, 14 May 1914. Oversized.
663. Durant High School choir, posed on lawn, near U. S. Capitol Building. Wilburn and Carrie Cartwright in back row, center. 22 May 1939. Photographer - Washington Photo Co., Inc. Oversized.
664. Wilburn and Carrie Cartwright, with group of boy scouts, on Capitol steps, Washington, D. C., circa 1940s.
665. Ohio Good Roads Federation Banquet, Ohio Governor John W. Bricker and Highway Director Colonel Robert S. Beightler. 16 May 1946.
666. Floyd Collins, age 37. Photographer - Wade R. Highbaugh. Postcard.
667. Private R. O. Ingle, in U. S. Army Uniform, January, 1943. Postcard.
668. Charles Lindbergh. Studio portrait. Oversized.
669. Mr. and Mrs. Wright Patman and their four sons, in the living room, 1936-7. Christmas Card.
670. Senator W. B. Pine.
671. W. B. Pine, inscribed to Wilburn Cartwright. Studio portrait. Oversized.
672. Will Rogers and dog, color drawing, 1935. Artist - A. D'Elia. Oversized.
673. Franklin Delano Roosevelt, color drawing. Oversized.
674. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Studio portrait. Inscribed to Wilburn Cartwright. Oversized.
675. Silas M. Shirley, Hughes County Representative, at desk.
676. Earl Spencer, orchestra leader. Inscribed to Wilburn Cartwright. Studio portrait.
677. Victor Wickersham, 2 May 1941. Studio portrait, Fike Studio, Mangum, OK. Oversized.
678. Culture ponds at Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Several ponds and a road between shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
679. Culture ponds at Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Several ponds shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
680. Materials for dam at Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Piled sand and gravel, sheds, wheel barrows shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
681. Footings for dam on Blue River at Oklahoma Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Men constructing. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
682. Dam under construction on Blue River at Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Men and machines shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
683. Conduit outlet at Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Men and machines shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
684. Conduit from Oklahoma State Fish Hatchery, Bryan County No. 2, at Durant. Men and machines shown. Photo by Works Progress Administration.
Go to Cartwright Photos 685-912
Wilburn Cartwright Collection Description
Wilburn Cartwright Photo Collection Description
Carl Albert Center Photo Inventories