Go to Steed Photos 201-400
401. Tom Steed seated with Glenn Gibson, executive secretary of the American Beekeeping Federation.
402. Several participants in the May 7, 1955 ceremony opening the Inter-American Highway.
403. Tom Steed, Sam Rayburn, and Carl Albert looking over a document together.
404. Tom Steed talking with Carl Albert. Captioned on front: "What's next?"
405. Governor Adlai Stevenson of Illinois with his three sons. Caption label on the front. Photo by Jack Brown.
406. Signed photo of Speaker Joseph Martin addressing Congress. Caption label on front. Photo by Jack Brown.
407. Tom Steed, Dan Flood, and John McFall at an evening of wine-tasting hosted by McFall. Steed is on the left. Caption label on front of photo.
408. 1972 photo of Tom and Hazel Steed with Page and Gladys Belcher as well as Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz and his wife at the Blair House, celebrating Page Belcher's retirement. Caption label on front of photo.
409. Tom Steed presides over first Small Business Committee hearings on the danger of foreign oil imports, while Arch Moore assists. Caption label on front of photo.
410. Tom Steed, as chairman, presides over hearings on milk price wars in the Small Business Subcommittee.
411. June 19, 1972 party in honor of the retiring director of the Secret Service James Rowley. Photo by U.S. Secret Service Intelligence Division V.I.B.
412. Congressional 33rd Degree Masons have lunch at the Capitol. Carl Albert and Tom Steed are pictured.
413. Signed 1973 photo of William Natcher with the many volumes of his journal.
414. Clarence Miller (OH) and Tom Steed review a document for the Appropriations Subcommittee, on which Steed served as chairman. 1975.
415. Tom Steed at his desk with Florence Cartwright's Business and Professional Women's delegation from Shawnee, OK. Photo by Jack Brown.
416. Tom Steed shaking hands with Madame Chiang Kai-Shek at a Washington luncheon as Mendell Rivers (SC) looks on.
417. House Small Business Subcommittee with chairman Tom Steed in center discusses poultry price war.
418. Brooks Robertson, Jostinius Gould, an unidentified staff member, Tom Steed, Walter Rogers, Abe Moulter, and Joe Kilgore discuss limiting foreign oil imports.
419. Tom Steed serves as ranking majority leader of the House Small Business Committee. Joe Evins is chairman. Photo by the National Congressional Commission.
420. Tom Steed at a meeting of the House Committee on Small Business.
421. Senator Robert S. Kerr hosts a luncheon. Those pictured include Walter Harrison, Mr. Cuneo, Toby Morris, J. Howard Edmondson, Ed Edmondson, Tom Steed, Page Belcher, Reid Hammond, Joan Blondell, and Robert S. Kerr.
422. Tom Steed poses with Bartlesville actress Gwen Verdun and two of her fellow cast members. Verdun was being honored by the Oklahoma State Society. Photo by "Natz Fine Photo."
423. Larry McKenzie, the 1956 "Polio Poster Child", autographed this photo of Tom Steed and himself for Steed. Caption label on front of photo.
424. Two unidentified 4-H Club girls pose with their prize-winning pig.
425. Four 1955 4-H Club delegates. Those pictured include Jim Barnett, Carolyn Lee, Haroldine Amis, and Roy Hine.
426. Four 1954 4-H Club delegates. Those pictured include Tom Tate, Mary Schlitz, John Thornton, and La Rae Harrell.
427. 4-H Club delegates, Doris Wood, Marilyn Ellison, John Reinert, and Bill Jeffrey surround Tom Steed at his desk.
428. 1949 4-H Club delegates Suzanne Crawford, Sue Dyson, Mike Lucas, and George Tarr surround Tom Steed at his desk.
429. Members of the Oklahoma Congressional delegation dine with Oklahoma's Cherry Blossom Princess, daughter of Governor and Mrs. Roy Turner. Those also pictured include, Victor Wickersham, Tom Steed, Carl Albert, Roy Turner, Robert S. Kerr, George Howard Wilson, William Stigler, Mike Monroney, and Toby Morris.
430. Tom Steed escorts Oklahoma's Cherry Blossom Festival Princess at the event's luncheon.
431. Five Republican and six Democratic members of the House Committee on Small Business around a table at a bi-partisan meeting. Tom Steed is a subcommittee chairman, along with James Roosevelt.
432. Tom Steed with House Public Works Committee and their wives in Cuba on a trip to review progress on the Inter-American Highway.
433. Tom Steed poses with two unidentified people in the Bookmobile at its first stop in Shawnee.
434. Tom Steed poses with several other congressional visitors at the Pedro Miguel Locks, Canal Zone, Dec. 24, 1952
435. Victor Wickersham, Page Belcher, John Jarman, Carl Albert, Ed Edmondson, and Tom Steed pose with the year's unidentified Maid of Cotton.
436. Tom Steed poses with Bill Harder and Sue Cross. Photo is inscribed by Harder: "To Congressman Tom, a great Contributor to Small Business Welfare."
437. Ned Parry and his family visit Washington, July 28, 1965.
438. Angel Flight -- Air Force ROTC all-girl drill team from Oklahoma State University pose at White House, 1961.
439. Postmaster John Gronouski receives congratulations from President Lyndon Johnson after his swearing-in on February 13, 1965. Tom Steed looks on. Official Posts Office Department photo. Color.
440. A party which includes Jim Banks, Bill Davis, John Hill, Florence Cartwright, Aubrey Berry, Tom Steed, Roy Ewing, Mrs. Bill Davis, Mr. Daniels, John Farrell. Color.
441. Bill Alexander congratulates Tom Steed at Steed's 73rd birthday party.
442. Tom Steed receives congratulations from an unidentified woman at his 73rd birthday party. Bill Alexander looks on.
443. Tom Steed, John N. "Happy" Camp, and retired General LeRoy Kritz visit with each other at a military staging exercise.
444. Tom Steed congratulates Lawrence P. Kuykendall for receiving "The U.S. Army Handicapped Employee of the Year" on March 24, 1969 in the Pentagon.
445. Tom Steed poses with 1970-1971 Oklahoma Peanut Princess, Rolleen Gentry.
446. Fred Harris; Harry Birdwell, National President of the Future Farmers of America; Tom Steed; and Senator Henry Bellmon pose at an FFA breakfast. Birdwell later became manager of the OK Association of Electric Cooperatives and a vice president at Oklahoma State University.
447. Large crowd of people surround President Jimmy Carter as he leaves House chamber after his April 1977 joint session speech. Tom Steed is also pictured.
448. Tom Steed and Vaughn Gary join a group watching a demonstration of a new mail-handling machine. Caption label on front of photo. Photo by Food Machinery and Chemical Corporation Ordinance Division.
449. Tom Steed attends graduation of the 50,000th student of the U.S. Postal Service Training School at the University of Oklahoma Noble Center. Postmaster General Benjamin Franklin Bailer officiates.
450. Oklahoma delegates to a National R.E.A. annual conference in Washington join the Oklahoma delegation on Capitol steps. Tom Steed is pictured.
451-452. Mourners, graveside at Lyndon Johnson's funeral. Tome Steed is pictured. Two different photos.
453. Tom Steed with John McFall at McFall's annual "Wine Tasting."
454. The "Big Three" promoters of the Interstate Highway System, Tom Steed, member of the Public Works subcommittee; Neal Curry, president of American Truckers Association; and Fisher Muldrow, director of Oklahoma Motor Carriers Association.
455. Majority Leader Jim Wright joins others in honoring Tom Steed at Steed's 73rd birthday party.
456. Tom Steed poses with a group of people at a 1968 luncheon honoring Syd Herlong. Photo by Democratic Congressional Committee.
457. Auchincloss Chowder and Marching Society. Large group of congressmen which includes Tom Steed and Carl Albert.
458. Donald Clancy, William Bray, Secretary of the Army Howard Callaway, Edward Patten, Tom Steed.
459. Sovereign Grand Commander Luther M. Smith of the Scottish Rite Consistory, Southern Jurisdiction, lunching with members of Congress holding the 33rd Degree. Photo by Democratic National Congressional Committee. 1967.
460. Tom Steed joins three other congressmen in conference with Altus civic boosters on the needs of the Air Force Base at Altus. Those also pictured include, F. Edward Hebert, Bob Sikes, and Clark Fisher.
461. 1962 Miss Oklahoma Billie Kaye Smith poses with her Congressman Tom Steed and two Senators, Mike Monroney and Robert S. Kerr.
462. The "Big Three" of the House Select Committee on Small Business, Wright Patman (TX), Chairman Tom Steed (OK), and James Roosevelt (CA), Subcommittee chairman.
463. Tom Steed and former speaker John McCormack shake hands. 1976.
464. Oklahoma Congressional delegation which includes Page Belcher, Ed Edmondson, John Jarman, Tom Steed, Mike Monroney, J. Howard Edmondson, Victor Wickersham, and Carl Albert.
465. Oklahoma Congressional delegation Democrats and Governor Raymond Gary. Those pictured include Victor Wickersham, Ed Edmondson, Tom Steed, John Jarman, Carl Albert, Mike Monroney, Raymond Gary, Robert Kerr. Caption label on front of photo.
466. Treasury Secretary George Schultz is joined by Chairman Tom Steed, Joseph Montoya, and Mr. Conlon from the Bureau of Printing and Engraving to see the first government paper money printed with Schultz's signature on it.
467. Tom Steed stands with a group of people in front of an indoor wall mural. Inscribed to Tom Steed 1973 Nov. 6 by James J. Rowley.
468-472. Treasury Secretary George Shultz inspects the first sheet of one dollar bills to come off the press with his signature. Tom Steed and Joseph Montoya are also pictured.
473. Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Rossidies, the unidentified liaison chief for the treasury, Ernie Betts, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Tom Steed, and James Rowley meet to plan budget hearings. Color.
474. Tom Steed and Phyllis Shantz pose together at Shantz's swearing-in as the first female member of the Executive Protective Service. Color.
475. Series of photos of Tom Steed at Johnston Island, U.S. Coast Guard Loran Transmitting Station. Photos by the U.S. Coast Guard.
476. Dinner held in San Juan, Puerto Rico on April 20, 1965.. Those attending include T.W. Kirkpatrick, Manuel F. Casanova, L.M. Thayer, H.W. Robison, A.E. Weatherbee, Tom Steed, E.J. Roland, David C. Ellis, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Jeffery Cohelan, W.L. Morrison. Standing, Efrain Picon, Ramiro E. Ortiz, Pedro R. Acevedo, Graham Castillo, Julio Barreto, Rafael A. Torrens.
477. Congressional delegation, including Tom Steed at a military reception in Pearl Harbor. Photo by the U.S. Coast Guard.
478. Series of photos of Tom Steed on a U.S. Coast Guard Sea-Air Rescue training mission. Photos by the U.S. Coast Guard.
479. Two photos of an unidentified U.S. Customs official piloting a speedboat named in honor of Tom Steed, the "Steed 1."
480. Tom Steed poses in his office with Michael Picini, the narcotic attache to the Embassy in Rome, Italy; and Aubrey A. "Tex" Gunnels. Caption label on front of photo. Photo by Dev O'Neill and K. Jewell.
481. Director of U.S. Customs Myles Ambrose shows a shipment of Far East hashish disguised as a plate to Tom Steed and his Appropriations Subcommittee.
482. General Cotillo greets a group of U.S. congressmen, including Tom Steed during their visit to Rome.
483. Italian officials explain how coast guard, tax collections, and customs systems work in Italy during a visit by the House Appropriations Subcommittee. Those pictured include Ernie Betts, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Michael Picini, Tom Steed,, Silvio Conte.
484. Two photos of Tom Steed as a delegates at an international meeting.
485. Tom Steed (R) receives a framed memento from the U.S. Customs Service as he prepares to end his congressional career. Caption label on front of photo.
486. Two photos of Tom Steed attending a retirement party hosted by Secretary of the Treasury David Kennedy. Those pictured also include Ernie Betts, veteran liaison officer with the U.S. Treasury Department; Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels and David Kennedy.
487-491. Tom Steed and other members of Congress take an inspection tour of U.S. Customs border stations along the U.S./Canadian border. Those pictured include Tom Steed, Joseph Addabbo, Silvio Conte, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Ernie Betts.
492. Studio portrait of Percy Lee Gassaway, for whom Tom Steed acted as administrative assistant when he first came to Washington. 1935.
493. Studio portrait of Lyle Boren. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
494. Black and white copy of a painted portrait of Tom Steed.
495. Studio portrait of Dave McCurdy. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
496. Studio portrait of a very young Carl Albert. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
497. Studio portrait of Clem McSpadden. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
498. Studio portrait of Ed Edmondson at his desk. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1953.
499. The Oklahoma delegation appears on television along with Admiral William Raborn. The delagation includes Robert S. Kerr, Mike Monroney, John Jarman, Tom Steed, Toby Morris, Page Belcher, Ed Edmondson, Carl Albert.
500. At a 1950 reception, Victor Wickersham, William Stigler, Dixie Gilmer, Tom Steed, W. Elmer Harber, Robert S. Kerr, Carl Albert, Mike Monroney, George Howard Wilson, Toby Morris. Photo by Del Ankers.
501. Studio portrait of William Stigler. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1949.
502. Studio portrait of Jack Nichols. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1939.
503. Studio portrait of Page Belcher. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
504. Studio portrait of James Jones. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
505. Studio portrait of Dixie Gilmer. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1950.
506. Studio portrait of Wesley Disney. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
507. Studio portrait of Mike Monroney. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
508. Portrait of Fred Harris. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1965.
509. Studio portrait of Elmer Thomas. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1949.
510. Studio portrait of Robert S. Kerr. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
511. Studio portrait of Gomer Smith. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1938.
512. Studio portrait of John Jarman. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1951.
513. Studio portrait of Toby Morris. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
514. Studio portrait of Victor Wickersham. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1949.
515. Studio portrait of Glenn English. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
516. Studio portrait of John N. "Happy" Camp. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
517. Studio portrait of Jed Johnson, Jr. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
518. Studio portrait of George Howard Wilson. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
519. Carl Albert, Victor Wickersham, Robert S. Kerr, Mike Monroney, Ed Edmondson, and Tom Steed at the beginning of Kerr's "land, wood, and water" program in Washington. 1950. Photo by Perry Rummage.
520. The 1976 Oklahoma delegation, Wes Watkins, James Jones, Carl Albert, Tom Steed, Glenn English, and Theodore M. Risenhoover. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
521. Studio portrait of George Nigh, then Lt. Governor of Oklahoma. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
522. Studio portrait of J. Howard Edmondson. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
523. Tom Steed laughs with Syd Hurlong at Hurlong's "going away" party.
524. Studio portrait of Roy Turner. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
525. Studio portrait of Cowboy Pink Williams. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
526. Studio portrait of Adlai Stevenson.
527. Studio portrait of Frank W. Boykin. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
528. Studio portrait of Johnston Murray. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1951
529. Studio portrait of Raymond Gary. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
530. Black and white drawing of John Lyle. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
531. Studio portrait of Percy Lee Gassaway.
532. Studio portrait of David Hall. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed.
533. Studio portrait of Larry Derryberry. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed. 1971.
Photos 534-537 show congressmen visiting Lebanon, November 1964. These pictures were grouped together in a commemorative photo album.
534-535. Series of photos of arrival in Beirut at the Beirut International Airport, November 11, 1964. Those pictured include Dennis Dayle, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Michael Picini, Silvio Conte, Ambassador Armin Meyer, Tom Steed, Ernie Betts, D. Cayco Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Philippines Librado,
536. Series of photos of the group in the marketplace, at a screening of "John F. Kennedy - Years of Lightning, Day of Drums", and gathered in the garden of Ambassador Ridgway B. Knight's house in Damascus, Syria. Those pictured include Tom Steed, Dennis Dayle, and Michael Picini, Mr. Neher, Ambassador Armin Meyer and Ernie Betts
537. Series of photos of the group shopping in the Beirut Bazaar are, Tom Steed, Ernie Betts, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels and Dennis Dayle.
538-543. Tom Steed and Henry Bellmon celebrate their retirements together with a party in 1980. Photos show Henry Bellmon, Shirley Bellmon, George Nigh, James Jones, Wes Watkins, Mickey Edwards, Mike Synar, Glenn English, Mrs. Mike Monroney, Howard Baker, Dave McCurdy, Silvio Conte, David Boren, David Ramage, Jamie Whitten, and Tom Steed.
544. Postmaster General Benjamin Franklin Bailar (L) shows Tom Steed the framed master drawing for a commemorative postage stamp honoring the first year that postal workers were granted union rights.
545. Postmaster General J. Edward Day talks with Tom Steed, chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee which handled postal funds.
546. A group of congressmen gathers round a new machine which was designed to aid in the process of postal mechanization. Inscribed on front by Postmaster General J. Edward Day.
547. Tom Steed talks with Postmaster General Lawrence O'Brien during the breakfast and briefing held by the Post Office Department on February 14, 1967. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department.
548. Tom Steed speaks at an event launching the Washington Postal Service Institute, Feb. 27, 1968. Also pictured are Thaddeus Dulski, Postmaster General Lawrence O'Brien, Mike Monroney, and Assistant Postmaster General Richard Murphy. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department.
549. Tom Steed looks on as Postmaster General Lawrence O'Brien administers the oath of office to the new Assistant Postmaster General Dr. Leo Packer. Caption label on front of photo. Typed explanation on back. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department. September 22, 1966.
550. Tom Steed congratulates the new Postmaster General John Gronouski at Gronouski's reception in the White House's Oval Office, February 19, 1965. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department.
551. Tom Steed, Ernest Betts, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, and Mike Monroney don hard hats for their tour of the Postal Engineering Research facility in Washington, D.C.
552. Edward Harriman, Director of Research and Engineering for the Post Office Department, shows mechanically sorted letters to Tom Steed, Silvio Conte, and Joseph Addabbo during their tour of the Post Office Department Laboratory on September 1, 1965. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department.
553. A delegation of congressmen and their respective staff members are shown experiments in mechanized mail sorting and handling being conducted by the Food Machinery Corporation of California. Tom Steed was the leader of the inspection tour.
554. A delegation of congressmen inspect mail-sorting machines. Those pictured include, Tom Steed, Silvio Conte, and Joseph Addabbo.
555. Tom Steed talks with an unidentified postal official in front of machines labeled "magnetic tape units."
556. Tom Steed and an unidentified woman receive a demonstration of the first automatic, un-manned postal facility, located in an Atlanta, Georgia shopping center. Caption label on front of photo.
557. An unidentified man demonstrates the early stages of postal mechanization to members of the House Appropriations Subcommittee in the international postal facility at Miami, Florida. Those pictured include, Tom Steed, Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels, Joseph Addabbo, Silvio Conte, Jeffery Cohelan. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department. September 3, 1965.
558.Two similar photos of Postmaster General Elmer Klassen speaking to the press after his inspection of the U.S. Postal Service Training Facility at the University of Oklahoma. Tom Steed looks on.
559. Postmaster General Elmer Klassen inspects the Postal Service Training Facility at the University of Oklahoma. Tom Steed looks on.
560. Tom Steed and Postmaster General Elmer Klassen visit with two students of the Postal Service Training Facility at the University of Oklahoma.
561. Newly-appointed Postmaster General Marvin Watson visits Tom Steed in his office. Photo by the U.S. Post Office Department. May 1, 1968.
562. Postmaster General Lawrence O'Brien hosts a dinner honoring Canadian Postmaster General Jean Pierre Cote and his staff. March 1, 1967. Photos by the U.S. Post Office Department. Those pictured include William Wilson, Tom Steed, Jean Pierre Cote, Lawrence O'Brien
563. Postmaster General Benjamin Franklin Bailar officiates at a U.S. Postal Training Facility's graduation at the University of Oklahoma. Also pictured are Tom Steed, the unidentified 50,000th graduate of the U.S. Postal Training Facility at the University of Oklahoma.
564a-h. Postmaster General Benjamin Franklin Bailar inspects the U.S. Postal Training Facility at the University of Oklahoma. Color
565. Tom Steed at the geographic South Pole. Two different photos of Steed and Mr. Wann (a photographer) in front of various signs noting the distance to several major cities.
566. Two different photos. Those pictured include, Stillwater's Maid of Cotton, Melinda Berry, posing with Joe Evans, Omar Burleson, Ross Bass, Tom Abernathy, and Tom Steed. Also pictured are, John Jarman, Ed Edmondson, Robert S. Kerr, Melinda Berry, Tom Steed, and Page Belcher.
567. Tom Steed talks with George Mahon and an unidentified man at a party in 1978. Inscribed on front to Tom Steed by George Mahon. Photo by K. Jewell.
568. Four different photos of Tom Steed attending the Indian Soil Conservation Association Awards Luncheon in Anadarko, Oklahoma. Those also pictured include, Charles Delaney, Stanley Speaks, john Taylor and Harold Sanders from the Anadarko Agency of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. March 28, 1978.
569. Awards winners at the March 28, 1978 Indian Soil Conservation Association Awards Luncheon in Anadarko, Oklahoma. Those pictured include LeGay Williams, Billy Bigbow, and Tom Steed. Three different photos.
570. Tom Steed, Felix Porter, and an unidentified woman congratulate Carl Albert upon his election to the House Speakership. Photo by Dev O'Neill and K. Jewell.
571. Carl Albert, Tom Steed, and John McCormack with a shovel at a congressional tree-planting ceremony. Photos by Dev O'Neill. Series of three photos.
572. Tom Steed greets Thomas P. "Tip" O'Neill outdoors following a tree-planting ceremony. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
573. Jimmy Carter reaches over a table to shake hands with George Mahon as several other people look on. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
574. Tom Steed shakes hands with the 1972 Maid of Cotton, Debbie Wright, as her Congressman, George Mahon and an unidentified man look on. Photo by Adams Studio Inc.
575. Dean Hoy, an Oklahoma City banker, poses with Carl Albert and Tom Steed upon Albert's election to the House Speakership. Caption label on front of photo. Photo by Dev O'Neill and K. Jewell.
576. Aubrey "Tex" Gunnels shows Tom Steed and Commissioner of Customs Myles Ambrose a collection of souvenir weapons confiscated from returning Vietnam veterans. Caption label on front of photo.
577. A group of congressmen examine a display of hashish confiscated by the U.S. Customs. Those pictured include, Tom Steed, Joseph Addabbo and Silvio Conte.
578. Tom Steed poses with the visiting Cameron College Singers in 1971. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
579. Tom Steed poses in his office with a visiting Oklahoma 4-H Club group. Caption label on front of photo. Photo by Dev O'Neill. 1971.
580. Tom Steed poses with Paul Byrd and his family. Paul Byrd was the first Oklahoman to be chosen as the "Speaker's Page." Photo by Dev O'Neill. 1975.
581. Tom Steed greets William Howard Payne, a Washington attorney who served with Steed as a congressional secretary from 1935-1938. Photo by Dev O'Neill and K. Jewell.
582. Tom Steed receives a haircut from the veteran House barber Tom Fox.
583. Tom Steed talks with Hale Boggs. Caption label on front of photo.
584. Tom Steed poses with an unidentified Marine Corps commandant and the original artist's sketch for the commemorative postage stamp of the 50th anniversary of the Marine Corps Reserve.
585. Two different photos taken with The Eagle, a U.S. Coast Guard Academy training ship from New London, Connecticut, anchors at the Navy Ship Yard in Washington, D.C. Photos by the U.S. Coast Guard. Those pictured include, crew members standing at attention, and Tom Steed, Lucius Rivers, Leslie Ahrens, Carl Vinson, John Milton, Vaughn Gary, Nelson, Newton, and Frank Boykin, in front of the anchored Eagle.
586. Tom Steed donates the HBC Lincoln Set of encyclopedias Sesquicentennial Edition to the East Central University library in Ada, Oklahoma. University President Charles Spencer accepts the gift. Caption label on front of photo.
587. Clarence Miller and Tom Steed review a document during a committee session.
588. Tom Steed congratulates Allan Cromley, Washington bureau chief for the Oklahoman-Times, upon his being elected president of the Press Club. Photo by the Democratic National Congressional Committee.
589. Tom Steed shakes hands with an unidentified man. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
590. Tom Steed poses with state legislators John Levergood, Preston Moore, and John N. "Happy" Camp, along with several other Oklahomans during their visit aimed at curtailing foreign oil imports. Photo by Jenscher Photographers.
591. 1978 Appropriations Committee chairmen. Those pitured include, Tom Bevill, Sidney Yates, John Mark Slack, Clarence Long, Gunn McKay, Tom Stee, Edward Boland, Jamie Whitten, George Mahon, William Natcher, and Daniel Flood. Photo by Dev O'Neill.
592. Tom Steed joins Oria Anderson and Sophia Minnis, leaders of Green Pastures, in eastern Oklahoma County, in the ground breaking ceremony for a new community building. Photo by Herbert H. Thompson.
593. Tom Steed, Mrs. Ernest Pennaud, Ernest Pennaud, Clark Fisher, and Elford Cederberg pose at Ernest Pennaud's retirement party in 1973. Pennaud had been the Head Waiter of the House members private dining room, and had also frequently acted as interpreter for French-speaking guests.
594. Tom Steed talks with an unidentified military man and an unidentified woman.
595. Tom Steed poses with Kaye Wirz at an AICPA Congressional breakfast, July 10, 1979.
596. Tom Steed and four unidentified men wearing hats with Masonic insignia, 1950s (?).
597. Small snapshot of Tom Steed at his desk. Color.
598. Tom Steed speaks at an Oklahoma Democratic Party event. Jim Wright, seated, looks on.
599. Tom Steed sits with several unidentified people at a luncheon.
600. Tom Steed walks to a meeting at an Oakland, California postal facility.
Go to Steed Photos 601-800
Tom Steed Collection Description
Tom Steed Photo Collection Description
Carl Albert Center Photo Inventories