1a-i. Nine photos of youth job training program in Oakland, CA, mostly of African-Americans, in which some enrollees work in construction and office projects, 1965. Locations identified as Oakland Housing site and Girl Scout Camp. Photo 1c includes Human Resources Director Bill Gaines.
2a-f. Six photos of job training program in Oakland, CA, mostly of African-Americans, in which some enrollees are involved in construction and office projects, 1965. Locations identified as Peniel Mission Center for the Homeless and Transient and Oakland Housing Authority.
3a-b. Two photos of Jeffery Cohelan presenting diplomas to Astrid Amann and Michael White at Gallaudet College, June 14, 1965. Photo from Gallaudet College, Office of Public Relations.
4. Jeffery Cohelan with Ihsau Dogramaci, president of Hacettepe Science Center, viewing a model of the Center's expansion, 1965. Photo from the U.S. Agency for International Development.
5. Jeffery Cohelan with Seyfi Demirsoy, president of Turk-Is, the Turkish Labor Federation, at a Turk-Is dinner, 1965. Photo from the U.S. Agency for International Development.
6. Jeffery Cohelan with Max Berry, Vice-Consul of Izmir, the Director of Tourism for Turkey, and the sub-governor (Kaymakam) of Kusadasi, 1965. Location in Kusadasi, Turkey. Photo from the U.S. Agency for International Development.
7. L to R: Peace Corps volunteers Barbara and David Gancher of Oakland, CA, and Anne Takafuji of Berkeley, CA, sit with Jeffery Cohelan and Ahmet Karemli of Baliksir, Turkey, 1965. Karemli is a Justice Party deputy and member of the party's central committee. Photo from the U.S. Agency for International Development.
8. Portrait of Jeffery Cohelan, 1963. Photo from Merkle Press.
9. Capital Building in Washington, D.C., ca. 1965. Photo by Dev O'Neill (?).
10. Family portrait of Jeffery Cohelan with his wife and children, ca. 1965. Photo from Harris and Ewing.
11. First section of the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) tube nearing completion at the Bethlehem Shipyard, Aug. 12, 1966. Photo from San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District.
12. New terminal building of the Oakland Aviation Airport, April 25, 1962. Photo by Carl Bigelow. OVERSIZED.
13. Photo of drawing by Rom Biner of the Port of Oakland 7th Street Marine Terminals, April 1966.
14. Three Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) laboratory cars traveling on a elevated track in preliminary testing, July 26, 1966. Location near Concord, CA. Photo by Les Sipes.
15. Full-scale model of a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) car, July 18, 1966. Photo from San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District.
16. Kaiser Center, Feb. 6, 1962. Photo by John Ferris (?).
17. San Francisco-Oakland Airlines hovercraft in action, Aug. 8, 1965. Photo by Skelton Photography.
18. New Chemical Biodynamics Laboratory on the campus of the University of California-Berkeley, 1964. Photo from the University of California-Berkeley Office of Public Information. Accompanied by press release.
19-21. Three photos of the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory at the University of California-Berkeley, 1965. Includes photos of the Inorganic Materials Research building, the Cyclotron building, and the Heavy Ion Linear Accelerator. Photos from the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory. OVERSIZED.
22-24. Skyline High School, Oakland, CA, ca. 1965.
25. Kaiser Steel blast furnace casting hot metal, ca. 1965. Location in Fontana, CA. (?) Photo by Cal-Pictures.
26. One negative containing two exposures of Jeffery Cohelan, ca. 1965.
27. L to R: Air Force Academy Cadet William Booth Mitchell (Class of 1963), Jeffery Cohelan, and Major General William S. Stone (Superintendent of the U.S. Air Force Academy), 1963. Also included are a negative of the photo and an additional negative with the same three subjects, joined by two other unidentified cadets.
28-38. Congressional tour of San Francisco Bay area, including transportation office and industrial and construction sites, Nov. 15, 1960. Pictured are Jeffery Cohelan; Rep. John F. Baldwin, Jr., of California's 6th District; Rep. John J. McFall of California's 11th District; Rep. George P. Miller of California's 8th District; and other unidentified men. Some shots show a map of the MacArthur Freeway in the background. Photos from the State of California Department of Public Works, Division of Highways.
39-47. Collection of photos taken during Jeffery Cohelan's visit to the U.S.S. Seadragon and the U.S.S. Bushnell at Key West, Florida, Feb. 28-29, 1960. Photos show Cohelan in different parts of a ship or a submarine interacting with various sailors and officers. Photos from Captain K.G. Schact of the U.S. Navy.
48a-b. Two photos of the Convair B-58 "Hustler" airplane, on the ground and in the air, 1959. Photos are from General Dynamics, Convair Division, Fort Worth, Texas.
49. Group photo including Jeffery Cohelan and President John F. Kennedy, as well as several unidentified people, at the White House, Sept.12, 1961.
50. Studio portrait of Jeffery Cohelan, ca. 1960. Photo by Harris and Ewing.
Go to Cohelan Photos 51-100
Jeffery Cohelan Collection Description
Jeffery Cohelan Photo Collection Description
Carl Albert Center Photo Inventories