Go to Cohelan Photos 1-50
51-57. Seven photos of a visit to Edwards Air Force Base made by Jeffery Cohelan, member of the Research and Development Subcommittee of the House Armed Services Committee, to inspect rocket test sites, ca.1960. With him are Congressman Melvin Price of Illinois, Chairman of that Subcommittee; Earl Morgan, Subcommittee Counsel; Captain Roger M. Currier IV of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Milan J. Vukovich of the Marshall Space Flight Center and Facilities Resident Project Manager of Edwards AFB; Col. Roger M. Currier, Chief Legislative Liaison, U.S. Army; Delbert McBeth of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; and Floyd F. Twight, Chief of Edwards Test Operation for Rocketdyne.
58-59. Edmond G. Brown speaking and Jeffery Cohelan sitting at an event at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, ca.1960. Official NASA photos.
60. Jeffery Cohelan in the cockpit of an unidentified vehicle, probably an aircraft, ca. 1965.
61. Jeffery Cohelan shaking hands with President John F. Kennedy outside the White House, ca. 1961.
62. L to R: Congressman Alexander Pirnie (R-NY); Jeffery Cohelan; Congressman Melvin Price (D-Ill.); General Walter C. Sweeney; Congressman L. Mendel Rivers (D-SC); Congressman Bob Wilson (R-CA); John R. Blandford, House Committee on Armed Services Counsel; and Robert W. Smart, House Committee on Armed Services Chief Counsel. Group photo taken at Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina, April 6, 1962.
63. U.N. Ambassador Adlai Stevenson and Jeffery Cohelan seated behind a desk together in Washington D.C., ca. 1963.
64. Dedication of the Oakland Social Security Office, Nov. 29,1961. Jeffery Cohelan is pictured with Congressman George Miller and two unidentified men.
65. Congressional breakfast aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, March 31, 1962. Jeffery Cohelan is pictured with two service members, Foskett and Satterwhite, as well as the Honorable C.H. Gusher of California. Official photo of the U.S. Navy.
66. Aerial photo of the bay front of Berkeley, CA, May 5, 1965. Photo by R.L. Copeland.
67. Aerial photo of the bay front of southern Berkeley and northern Oakland, CA, May 5, 1965. Photo by R.L. Copeland.
68. Jeffery Cohelan arriving at McCalla Field Naval Air Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, April 9, 1960. L to R: Capt. K.P. Letts; Cohelan; Capt. C.W. Schoenweiss; and P.F. William, U.S. Consul. Official photo of the U.S. Navy.
69. Jeffery Cohelan shaking hands with Lionel J. Wilson after his swearing in as Alameda County's first African-American judge, ca. 1962.
70. Portrait of Robert C. Weaver, Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, ca. 1966. Accompanied by a campaign flier in which he endorses Cohelan.
71a-b. Two portraits of Jeffery Cohelan, Sept. 1966. In one he is smiling, and in the other he is not. Bob Giesling photographer.
72. Supplemental Air Carrier Conference, ca. 1959. Photo from Military Traffic Management Agency (?).
73-76. Jeffery Cohelan's inspection tour of Edwards Air Force Base, ca. 1963. The other men in the photos are unidentified. An airplane is depicted in Photo 76.
77. B-58 airplane in flight, ca. 1961. Color photo.
78-80. Inspection tour of Hawaii and Far East, 1962. Jeffery Cohelan is shown with several unidentified uniformed men and officials. Photos from USIS-Press Section Photo Laboratory, Saigon, Vietnam.
81. Members of the House Armed Services Committee touring an Army installation in Berlin, Germany, Oct., 1963. L to R: Jeffery Cohelan, Rep. Clarence D. Long of Maryland, Rep. Lucien D. Nedzi of Michigan, and two unidentified servicemen. Photo from U.S. Army Public Information Branch, taken by W.D. Penton.
82-83. San Rafael Wilderness, CA, ca. 1968. Two outdoor photos, one of a waterfall, the other of an unidentified man looking across a valley.
84a-e. Highway near Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA, ca. 1960. Shown are hazards of high traffic volume, including one accident. Photos from the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce, Santa Maria, CA.
85. Captain Cooper B. Bright, U.S. Navy, 1960.
86a-f. Six photos of the San Joaquin River banks and levees being considered for construction and improvement by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1961. Photos taken by Edward H. Brown, a concerned owner of land near the river.
87. Jeffery Cohelan at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point with the five cadets he appointed to the Academy, Nov. 3, 1965. L to R: Michael P. Hulten, Terence K. Laughlin, Peter Henelt, Jeffery Cohelan, William J. Urland, and William Holmes. Photo by Mr. Murphy of the U.S. Military Academy.
88a-b. Two aerial photos of areas near Camp Parks, California, 1964. The images are to show the location of electrical power stations, but considerable other features are also included. One photo is stamped "R.L. Copeland" on the reverse.
89a-b. Two photos of the University of California Marching Band on the steps of the U.S. House of Representatives of the U.S. Capitol, 1965. One shot shows Jeffrey Cohelan shaking hands with the band's leader or director.
90. Two photos of Duck Cove, near Point Reyes National Seashore, California, 1966. One image is in color.
91. Signing of agreement designating Stone, Marraccini and Patterson to provide architectural and engineering services for new Oakland, California, post office, February 18, 1964. (L to R) Congressman Jeffery Cohelan, Assistant Postmaster General Tyler Abell, Congressman George P. Miller. U.S. Post Office Department photo.
92. STOLMaster aircraft in flight over Catalina Channel, California, 1967. Photo from Steward-Davis, Inc.
93a-e. Five photos of Hubert H. Humphrey at Alameda Naval Air Station, California, October 9, 1967. U.S. Navy photographs. Some shots show Humphrey with young adults, including African-Americans.
94. Acorn urban renewal (low-income housing) project, Oakland, California, ca. 1967. Photo of model of buildings.
95a-c. Acorn urban renewal (low-income housing) project, Oakland, California, ca. 1967. Photos of drawings showing site plan, building perspectives, and dwelling unit floor plans.
96a-f. Seven photos of the construction of the new postal facility at Oakland, California, 1967. These shots include several unidentified people.
97a-f. Seven additional photos of the construction of the new postal facility at Oakland, California, 1967. These shots include several unidentified people.
98a-b. Two snapshots of the construction of the new postal facility at Oakland, California. One dated March 8, 1967, shows unidentified African-American men at work. The other, dated Winter 1967, shows (left to right) Dan Marovich (Oakland councilman-at-large), Jeffery Cohelan, Frederick C. Belen (Deputy PMG), and John F. Bushell (Oakland postmaster).
99. Lawrence O'Brien and Jeffery Cohelan during a breakfast and briefing for members of the U.S. House Subcommittee for Treasury and Post Office Operations. Post Office Department, Washington, D.C., February 14, 1967.
100a-d. Four photos depicting Peter M. Tripp, Jeffery Cohelan, Lewis Sherman, John Brademas, Joseph W. Chaudet, George P. Miller, Emmet Kilpatrick, and Mark Ferber at a reception in the Science and Astronautics Room, Rayburn House Office Building, June 14, 1967. Photos by National Democratic Congressional Committee.
Go to Cohelan Photos 101-150
Jeffery Cohelan Collection Description
Jeffery Cohelan Photo Collection Description
Carl Albert Center Photo Inventories