The Congressional Archives is a great resource for helping you create a winning History Day Project:
1. We have a lot of primary sources . . .
- letters and cards
- government publications
- news clippings
- campaign memorabilia
. . . on a lot of topics.
- Important moments and people in American history
- Political and military conflicts
- Social issues
- Politics and election campaigns
- U.S. Domestic and Foreign Policy
- Human achievements and innovations
There's a good chance you'll find something useful in our collections, even if your topic has nothing to do with Congress.
2. It is easy to locate the materials you need.
Each of our collections has a detailed inventory of the materials it contains. All inventories are available online and can be searched by topic. Try the Research Collection link on the left to search your topic.
We even have online tutorials to teach you how to find the information you need in the Congressional Archives.
3. Friendly archivists are here to help YOU!
There's nothing we like better than students interested in history, and we'll gladly help you through the research process at the Congressional Archives. We want your History Day project to be a triumph!