THe cost for scanning either photos or manuscript material is $2.00 for each image. These scanned images can be sent via email or compact disc. Large orders can be downloaded from the Center's Dropbox. To obtain the materials on a CD, there is an additional charge of $7.00 to cover the cost of the CD as well as postage and handling. Please specify file type, i.e. JPEG, TIFF, etc.
POSTAGE AND HANDLING:
For total order costing $20.00 or less, add $4.00
Exact fee depends upon the number of digital images ordered and the deadline date. Consult the department. This fee is $35.00 to $100.00 per order.
Applicable to commercial use of photographic prints or digital images with permission for one time non-exclusive use. If your project is of limited or non-commercial nature, please send us a written description of your project and we will review your request for partial or full Use Fee waiver. The Use Fee for images is $35.00 per image up to four. Additional images are $20.00 each.
PRE-PAYMENT IS REQUIRED ON ALL ORDERS. Please make your check or money order payable to the University of Oklahoma. Credit cards are not accepted. To submit payment, mail to the Archivist, Carl Albert Center, 630 Parrington Oval, Room 101, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019.
Copies are twenty-five cents per page for the first one thousand pages. Photocopy requests in excess of one thousand pages will be subject to a fee of fifty cents per page. This rate reflects the time and resources necessary to satisfy large copy orders.
POLICIES GOVERNING THE USE OF PHOTOS
1. All requests for photos or digital materials are filled in the order that they are received and as time permits. Search requests must be specific; requests of a general or unspecified nature cannot be filled. In addition, each order must be specific as to the intended use of the image, e.g., in a magazine article, book, exhibit, etc.
2. Permission may be granted upon request for one time non-exclusive use of photographic or digital images for publication, exhibition, or other purpose if the proposed use is specified. If the image (s) are to be used for commercial purposes a USE FEE will be charged. Any subsequent use of a photo or digital image will require permission from this department. Restrictions have been placed on the use of some collections by the donors.
3. PROPER CREDIT (Carl Albert Center Congressional Archives, University of Oklahoma) must always be given. The person ordering the photo or digital image and requesting permission for its use is responsible for the credit line. Any person or publication not meeting this requirement will be denied further use of these collections.
4. The person or publisher who orders photos or digital images from these collections is responsible for providing this department with VERIFICATION that proper use and credit of the pictures have been made as specified in the original request and for which permission to use was granted. This can be done by sending this department a copy of the publication or a copy of the material as used therein. In the case of documentary films or other type of media, any suitable verification will meet this requirement (brochure, flyer, letter.)
5. If a specifically identified picture is used to illustrate a similar subject, it must be stated in the caption as being a similar or typical view.
6. We reserve the right to charge a special use fee in any instance where a photo or digital image is used for purposes other than that for which it was originally ordered or when used for strictly commercial ventures, e.g., textbooks, commercially sponsored film, television, advertising, etc.
7. For a flat fee of $10.00, patrons may take digital photographs using their own equipment, at the discretion of the archivist. These archives cannot provide tripods or other stabilizing equipment. Patrons will still be expected to adhere to all applicable copyright restrictions.
8. The Carl Albert Center will not scan materials in which copyright is known or suspected to be held by another party.
9. All file photographs and all negatives are retained in the Photographic Archives and are never circulated outside this department.
10. Photographs or digital images are not supplied to commercial archives or publishers for resale except by special arrangement.
11. Copies or digital versions of photographs ordered from these collections may not be deposited or placed on file in any other repository without permission of the Carl Albert Center.
12. Any person or organization not abiding by these regulations may be denied further access to or use of materials in these collections.
13. The Carl Albert Center is not responsible for any illegal or improper use of these materials.
14. The Carl Albert Center reserves the right to change these policies at any time without prior notice.
|© The Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma.
All Rights Reserved. The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.