Fraternity & Sorority Student Life Events
More than 6,000 current students have chosen to join the Fraternity & Sorority community at the University of Oklahoma. Each of our 58 active chapters is a member of one of our five Greek councils and each offers unique opportunities for personal growth and meaningful experiences to 31% of University of Oklahoma students.
Fraternity & Sorority Student Life is a vibrant community filled with students, philanthropists, mentors, peer educators, engaged citizens, and much more. Below are a few fast facts about Greek Life at the University of Oklahoma:
- Over $800,000 has been raised by our community for philanthropic endeavors this year alone
- Community members have given over 25,000 hours of service in 2015-2016
- Members currently hold over 3,500 leadership positions on campus
- The All-Greek GPA is a 3.190
- In 2015, Fraternity & Sorority Student Life conducted 93 programs & sessions for students
- Many fraternities and sororities “adopt” international students studying at OU
- 54% of our membership is held by out-of-state students
The Fraternity & Sorority Experience
As a department within the Office of Student Life, we believe in the mission of our office - "You Belong Here." There is a fraternity or sorority for every student at OU. We are happy to help you find your home away from home at the University of Oklahoma.