- School of Community Medicine Home
- About the School of Community Medicine
- MD Program - Community Medicine Track
- Physician Assistant Program
- Departments and Residency Programs
- Student Experience
- Student Services
- Faculty Affairs
- Helpful Resources
- Future Students
- Contact Us
Current Student Shadowing Process
MS1 and MS2 Classes
Our first and second year students are encouraged to shadow during their free time as schedules allow. Students can shadow any provider they choose but keep in mind, you must shadow at an approved site in order to gain OUCHA credit.
Additional information about OUCHA and the list of OUCHA sites can be found here.
Prior to shadowing, students must complete the following steps:
1. Obtain approval from the provider you wish to shadow.
2. Alert the Student Services Office by emailing Meredith Talley.
- Include name of provider and facility.
- You must have the approval of the Student Services office in the form of an email or Letter of Good Standing prior to shadowing.
3. Complete any necessary observership paperwork required by the facility.
- Student Services has copies of St John, St Francis, and Hillcrest forms on file for you to complete in necessary.