Infants, Toddlers, Twos and Threes (IT3) Research Center
Vision, Mission and Goals
The IT3 Research Center strives to understand and inform the distinct development and learning of infants, toddlers, twos and threes within early care and education settings through research, dissemination and application.
As a university-based research center, the IT3 Research Center uses an interdisciplinary approach to:
- Expand knowledge of the under-studied group care context for infants, toddlers, twos and threes
- Examine experiences, processes, and outcomes for children, families, and staff at the intersection of practice, policy and programs
- Enact a partnership approach to inform research questions and translate knowledge into action through active engagement with community partners
- Promote dissemination of research-based knowledge to professional, policy, practitioner, and public audiences
- Prepare the next generation of scholars and practitioners with IT3 knowledge and research skills.
The IT3 Research Center will be a:
- Catalyst to launch and utilize interdisciplinary approaches and strategies to address questions regarding infants, toddlers, twos and threes - especially within the realm of group care
- Incubator for and contributor to cutting-edge research on the experiences of children, families and staff at the intersection of practice, policy, and programs
- Conduit to promote the dissemination of research-based knowledge to professional, policy, practitioner, and public audiences
- Forum to engage partners in a bi-directional, dynamic exchange of research questions, findings, interpretations and meanings in applied settings
- Partner to OU-Tulsa academic programs in the preparation of the next generations of scholars with IT3 knowledge and research skills
- Successful steward of fiscal and human capital necessary to achieve the vision, mission, and goals of the IT3 Research Center.