PROMOTING YOUR EVENT AT THE UNION
If you are a registered student organization or university department/academic unit hosting an event in the Union, the following opportunities are available to help publicize your event.
The Union can accommodate banners on the main (East) entrance to the building, the Meacham Auditorium (East) entrance and the South entrance. Banners must be professionally made and appropriate for outdoor use with grommets for hanging. We also suggest vents for wind. Banners made from paper, bed sheets and without grommets will not be accepted. There is a $25 charge to hang the banner and it will hang for no more than a week. Use the link below to request a banner. Do not have your banner made before requesting approval.
- East Entrance Maximum Dimesnions: 12 feet long, 4 feet tall
- Meacham Entrance Maximum Dimesntions: 10 feet long, 3 feet tall
- South Entrance Maximum Dimensions: 12 feet long, 4 feet tall
Dining areas in the union have plastic diplays featuring inserts with campus event information. As space allows, you may request to have your event's informational insert placed in the displays. Organizations are responsible for prinitng their own inserts and delivering them to room 428 of the Union. They must be printed on card stock and single-sided. Size options include: 4" wide by 9" tall and/or 4" wide by 6" tall.
New inserts are put out every Monday and inserts may only be displayed for a week. Use the link below to request an insert. Do not print your insert before receiving display approval.
- Preference is given to inserts concerning the Union and important university-wide notifications and events occurring in the union.
- You must be a registered student organization or university department/academic unit to request an insert.
- You cannot request inserts for ongoing meeting times or to have your insert displayed for more than a week.
- Inserts not prtinted on cardtsock and cut to the appropriate dimensions will not be displayed.
Groups/businesses may only distribute flyers in the union from tabling spaces reserved through the Union Business Office and those persons distributing flyers must remain within three feet of their tabling space at all times and not obstruct walkways or other booths.
Resgistered Student Organizations may request tabling space for $2 per day online. University departments/academic units may request a table by emailing email@example.com or calling (405) 325-2121. Tabling space is free for university departments/academic units.
Non-university groups may request a tabling space by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (405) 325-2121. Non-University group tabling is available on the first floor of the Union in the Clarke-Anderson Room, on a first-come, first-served basis, provided the product does not conflict with current university contracts and/or Oklahoma Memorial Union contracts or lease agreements. Tabling space is $300 per day for non-university groups.
- Groups/businesses distributing flyers on union grounds without tabling space (including the parking facility and exterior lawns and walkways) will be asked to desist and reported to OUPD if they refuse.The offending group may also be restricted from booking space in the union in the future.
A community bulletin board is located by Quiznos in the Union food court. Any group may post information on this board, however, the board is maintained by the union and items may be removed at anytime. If you are hosting an event in the Union, you may request an easel from the union to display your event information in the Union Lobby. Please coordinate with your union reservationist if you would like an easel to display your event information. Your poster/information should be delivered to room 428 of the Union on foam core or a display board (not poster board).
- The digital displays and glass display cases in the Union are reserved for Union event information only and are not available for displaying other event information.
- Posters/flyers posted without permission of the Union will be removed and the offending group may be restricted from booking space in the union in the future.