Most information concerning a student's academic record is considered confidential and is not released to anyone without the student's written authorization. The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records, one of which is the right to provide written consent before the University discloses personally identifiable information other than "directory information" from the student's education record.
List of Forms
1. Release Education Record Information
This form will release the following information:
(Each option must be approved by the student)
- Provide a copy of my grades at the end of each term to the person named.
- Provide a completed Good Student Discount form to the person named, upon request.
- Provide an official transcript of my academic record upon request to the person named.
- Provide the following specific academic information to the person named above; e.g., GPA information, ACT/SAT scores, etc.
2. Parental Access to Student Education Records
Parents of a dependent student may have access to grades and other confidential academic information under guidelines provided in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Access to this information is limited to parents who claim the student as an exemption on their federal income tax return.
3. Medical Records Release
You may fax, mail, or personally deliver your completed form to OU Health Services.
4. Financial Information Access
Students may authorize another person to pay on their account by completing the following steps:
Log into ONE
Click the "Financial" tab
Under "Total Bursar Balance", click on “Authorized Users”
Enter the appropriate email address
Check the “I agree” box
Two emails will be sent to the person you have authorized to pay on your account. One with a username, the second with the password. This will happen within seconds. If the authorized user cannot find the email, have them look in their “Junk Mail” folder. They can then log in at Bill Pay.
Click on the PDF below for more detailed instructions.
5. University College Academic Standing
Students in University College can provide consent to the disclosure of their academic standing through that College’s FERPA Release Form.