OU Scholarships for Veteran Students and Dependents
CASH Application is open October 1 - February 1 (11:59 pm). Students are eligible for general University scholarships, departmental scholarships, college-wide scholarships, financial aid scholarships, Sooner Heritage scholarships, study abroad scholarships, Work Assistance, and many other opportunities on campus awarded for the next academic year.
Check out the growing list of scholarships and partnerships specific to OU Veteran Students and Dependents. Some are included in the CASH application!
- Ray and Donna West American Veterans Scholarship
- Hugh Reynolds Armed Forces Scholarships - Price Business College
- Chevron Army Reserve Engineer Scholarship - Engineering College and Army ROTC
- Chevron SVA Engineering Scholarship - Engineering College and Student Veterans Association
- Miller Family Scholarship - University College
- OU Yellow Ribbon Program - Chapter 33 Post 9/11 (PDF)
The Pat Tillman Foundation invests in military veterans and their spouses through academic scholarships - building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. Tillman Scholarships help cover direct study-related expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living stipend. Eligible applicants are service members, veterans or military spouses pursuing undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degrees as a full-time student at a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution.
- The Story of the Pat Tillman Foundation
- Applications to become a 2017 Tillman Scholar will open in February 2017
- 2017 One-page Information Sheet
- Background Check Policy PDF
OU is a Pat Tillman Foundation University Partner!!! That is fantastic news for any OU military student or spouse applying to be a Tillman Scholar.
***Johnnie Gilpen and Emily Junkins, named Tillman Scholars by Pat Tillman Foundation for 2017-2018 academic year. (Pictures coming soon)***
Jay Vinnedge, named 2016 Tillman Scholars by the Pat Tillman Foundation for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Ashley La Rue, named 2016 Tillman Scholars by the Pat Tillman Foundation for the 2016-2017 academic year.
OU Resources - Tillman Scholar Applicants
Debbie Boles, Assistant Director
Oklahoma Memorial Union, Career Services
Tillman Point Person
Jennifer Trimmer, Coordinator
Buchanan Hall Room 330, Veteran Student Services
*Call or Email for More Information
The University of Oklahoma has partnered with the Folds of Honor Fourndation to provide services and financial assistance to eligible military-connected students.
FOLDS OF HONOR provides college scholarships and educational counseling to the spouse or dependent (defined as 24 years old and younger or unmarried) of one of the following:
- A service member (of any branch; active duty or reserves) who was killed in action, killed in the line of duty, or suffered a loss of limb;
- A current service members (of any branch; active duty or reserves) who was wounded in
action or wounded in the line of duty and has been awarded a Purple Heart medal;
- A military veteran (of any branch) who has a I 0% or greater service-connected disability,
rated by the Veterans Administration;
- A military veteran (of any branch) who died of any cause while on active duty or after being classified as having a service-connected disability.
Applicants must either have proof of school enrollment or proof of application to institution of higher education.
Applicants must re-apply each year they wish to receive funding.
Dependent of service member must be 24 years of age or younger and unmarried
Spouse of service member has no age requirements/limitations, but cannot be re-married using former spouse’s military service documents.
Service member (of any branch; active duty or reserves) must be one of the following: KIA, Killed in the line of duty, or suffered the loss of a limb; military veteran (of any branch) who died of any cause while on active duty or after being classified as having a service-connected disability; or a military veteran (of any branch) who has a 10% or higher service-connected disability, rated by the Veteran’s Administration.
If applicant’s service member is currently active duty, they can only be eligible to apply for a scholarship if the service member has a Purple Heart.
Award amount is based on “Unmet Need” which is calculated on the Financial Need page of the application – maximum award amount is $5,000 per academic year.
Visit the Folds of Honor Foundation website for more information.
OU is a school partner with the Folds of Honor Foundation!!
OU Student FERPA Consent Form (PDF) - As a current OU student, if you feel you might be eligible for Folds of Honor Foundation, submit the completed consent form to OU Veteran Student Services giving that office your permission to disclose personal information to the Folds of Honor Foundation.
OU Student Agreement (PDF) - If you are accepted for the Folds of Honor and admitted to OU, submit a completed agreement to OU Veteran Student Services.
The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation (Fallen Patriots) provides college scholarships and educational counseling and services to surviving military children who have lost a parent in the line of duty. University of Oklahoma is a partner school to the Fallen Patriots and commits to provide services and financial assistance to eligible students enrolled with the Fallen Patriots and receiving financial support through the Fallen Patriots grant program.
In order to qualify for this financial support through the Fallen Patriots grant program and partner school, students must:
1. Be accepted into the Fallen Patriots program
2. Be admitted to the partner school and meeting all eligibility requirements
3. Sign the Fallen Patriots/Partner School awards letter
Visit the Children of Fallen Patriots webpage for more information.
OU Student FERPA consent form (PDF) - As a current OU student, if you feel you might be eligible for Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, submit the completed consent form to OU Veteran Student Services giving that office your permission to disclose personal information to the Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation.
OU Student Agreement (PDF) - If you are accepted by Children of Fallen Patriots and admitted to OU, submit a completed agreement to OU Veteran Student Services.
Chevron University Partnership Program sponsors two scholarships requiring outstanding academic performance and a demonstrated interest in the oil and gas industry.
2016-2017 Army Reserve Engineer Scholarship Winner - Colton Grantham.
2016-2017 SVA Engineering Scholarship Winner - Christopher Sanders.
To apply for these Chevron scholarships, use the Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub (CASH).
The Warrior-Scholar Project at the University of Oklahoma is an initiative to give U.S. military veterans the skills and tools to operate as effectively in college as they do on the battlefield. We provide dedicated tutoring and mentoring to those wishing to make the transition from combat to the classroom.
The objectives of the course are to provide an introduction to the practices they will need for successful participation in classes and to the kinds of independent work required outside of the classroom.
The Warrior-Scholar Project is unique in that we work exclusively with military veterans from all over the U.S. to become leaders in the classroom and to succeed in college through dedicated tutoring and mentoring. The ultimate goal is to increase veteran graduation rates.
The project consists of an intense two weeks of classes, workshops, discussions, and one-to-one tutoring sessions. One week is humanities focused and one week is STEM focused. All instructors are University of Oklahoma faculty.
See OU thousandsstrong for more information.
The Army Women's Foundation, Legacy Scholarships
This scholarship program offers financial support to all Army women who are serving or have honorably served, and their children. Scholarships are based on merit, academic potential, community service, letters of recommendation, and need. The Legacy Scholarships are available for tuition assistance for certificate programs, coursework at community colleges, four year academic institutions and graduate schools. Applications must be completed online and support documents must be postmarked by January 15, 2016. Visit www.awfnd.org for more details and link to the online application.
College Guide for U.S. Service Members
- Hill & Ponton, PA
- Fisher House Foundation Scholarships for Military Children
- American Patriot Scholarship
- Heroes Tribute Scholarship Programs for Children of the Fallen and Children of the Wounded
- National Association for Uniformed Services (NAUS) Scholarship Program
- Army Staff Sgt. Special Agent Richard S. Eaton Jr. Scholarship
- Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) Education Assistance
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) Merit Scholarship
- Air Force Aid Society General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists Foundation Military Veterans Scholarship Program
Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
Marines' Memorial Association Scholarships Programs for the 2016 - 2017 academic school year:
More Scholarship Resources
- The SmartStudentTM Guide to Financial Aid
- Veterans United Scholarship Program
- Military Spouse and Family