OU Student Veterans Association
We seek to provide student veterans an environment to succeed with academic and personal goals.
A student organization for:
✔ Student Veterans
✔ Active or Reserve Military
✔ National Guard
✔ Family members and loved ones of Veterans
✔ Students interested in supporting Veterans
What We Seek to Accomplish
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
For more information contact us:
President: Angel Jacquez
Veteran Student Services
1000 Asp Ave Room 330
Norman OK 73019
RED Fridays is a Student Veterans Association event every Friday! Wear red to Remember Everyone Deployed.
Student Veterans of America
Student Veterans of America, our national affiliation, is a 501(c)(3) coalition of student veterans groups on college campuses across the globe. These member chapters are the "boots on the ground” that help veterans reintegrate into campus life and succeed academically. Each chapter must be an officially recognized student group by their university or college and provide a peer-to-peer network for veterans who are attending the school. Additionally, chapters often coordinate campus activities, provide pre-professional networking, and generally provide a touchstone for student veterans in higher education.