Register with Accessibility and Disability Resource Center
Before registering with ADRC
- Students must meet all admission and academic standards
- Students must be formally admitted to the University of Oklahoma
Process to Register with the Accessibility and Disability Resource Center
- Self-Identify as a student with a disability and submit documentation to the Accessibility and Disability Resource Center. In Higher Education, it is your responsibility as a student to self-identify as an individual with a disability. Information regarding documentation can be found at Documentation Guidelines.
- Once your documentation has been received, it will be reviewed within 5-15 university business days. Please check your OU email account regularly because this is how we will contact you once your documentation has been reviewed.
- If there is a need for additional documentation, this information will be provided in the email you receive.
- When you receive an email from ADRC, please follow instructions on the email.
- During the registration appointment, an ADRC team member and the student will engage in an interactive process to discuss your previous educational experience, past use of accommodations, and what has been effective in providing access. Students will also be introduced to their rights and responsibilities in postsecondary education.
- If an accommodation requested during the registration appointment does not clearly describe the relationship between the barrier and how the accommodation would provide access, additional information may be requested at the student's expense.
- Accommodations are then developed to promote an equal educational opportunity.
A publication by the Office for Civil Rights:
For more information select this link: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html