All students with disabilities are entitled to rights that are protected by federal law. Feel free to visit the links below and learn more about your rights!!
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Transition to Postsecondary Education
There are many free academic resources available to all students at OU. Please feel free to check out these amazing resources designed to help you acheive your academic goals!
We know that attending college can be expensive and this can cause anxiety for many of the students we serve. If you are in need of finanical support, the resources will help you anything from financial aid to assiting you in creating budgets that work for you!
- Financial Aid Office
- CASH is a great place to apply for all university scholarships
- Outside Scholarships (apply for scholarships that are not associated with OU)
- Project Threshold offers many services, including finanical aid assistance and supports. All students who have documented disabilities are eligible to utulize the services Project Threshold provides.
- OU Midfirst Bank Money Coach program provides workshops, resources, and personal consultations for students about financial emergencies or financial health.
Feeling a sense of belonging is important for all students. The Accessibility and Disability Resource Center values OU's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize and respect the essential worth of each individual and value the differences they bring to the university. The resources below can connect you with the wonderful diverse groups we have on campus.
We recognize that health and wellness are essential to learning and thriving! Our health and wellness includes physical and mental well-being. Check out these wonderful resources below!
- OU's Goddard Health Services provides in-person and telehealth appointments
- OU Counseling Services provides comprehensive mental health and crisis intervention services.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) is an interactive, web-based program that provides well-researched and highly effective strategies to help overcome anxiety, depression, and other common concerns. TAO online services are provide to all OU students and employees for free!
- OU Addiction and Recovery Services provides different supports for students and employees who may need support.
- OU Advocates is a 24/7 helpline and support service for anyone in our OU community who experience sexual violence, relationship violence, stalking and/or sexual harassment. This is a free and confidential resource on campus. Any student, staff, or faculty member in the OU community can utlize these services.
- OU Norman Food Pantry provides food and resources for anyone who may be experiencing food insecurities.
OU offers a variety of resources to assist in maintaining a safe campus and provide assistance and supports in case of emergencies.
- Call 911 if you are experiencing or have knowledge of an immediate threat
- Call 988 for free and confidential support for suicide prevention. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline provides 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distresss, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- OU Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) is a group of campus professionals who respond to referrals of disruptive or troubling behavior. BIT is focused on outreach based on care and concern and provides consultation and support in assisting individuals who display concerning or disruptive behavior. BIT is not 911 - If you feel that you or any other person is in immediate danger, please call 911.
- OU Alert System provides campus wide alerts that pertain to campus safety (inclement weather, fires, intruders, active shooter, ect.). You can sign up to receive alerts through email, text, and/or phone calls.
- SafeWalk (405-325-WALK) is a free service provided on the Norman Campus to those who who do not wish to walk alone. Feel free to call the service and request an OU SafeWalk escort from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., 7 days a week.
- SafeRide was created to discourage drinking and driving. The downloadable phone app provides safe and free tranportation to students within the Norman city limits with no questions asked. SafeRide opperates every weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) from 10pm to 3am.
- OU Police Department is a full time, state certified, police department and have officers on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Graduate College
- Awards and Competitions
- English Language Trainings and Certifications
- Digital Accessibility Trainings will provide all Graduate Students working on a thesis or disertation the proper trainings to make their work accessible everyone. (Coming Soon)
Preparing for life after graduation can be stressful and complicated. These resources below can help ease that process and assist you in finding a career that is right for you!
The technology we use can sometimes cause anxiety and frustration when it is new to us, or is not working properly. The resources below will provide you support for the various systems that are utilized across OU's campus.
- General Tips
- Technical Support from IT
- How To Use Canvas (Text Guides)
- How To Use Canvas (Video Guides)
- Digital Accessibility Trainings (Comming Soon)
- Requesting Accommodations with iAdvise (Coming Soon)
- Scheduling Exams with iAdvise (Coming Soon)
Stress, isolation, and transitions can intensify conflict and harassment. If you or someone you know has been subject to racial, xenophobic, or discriminatory attacks, or if you are living in precarious or dangerous circumstances, please use these resources to find a safe resolutions.
- OU Institutional Equity Office
- OU Report It System
- OU 24 Hour Reporting Hotline: (844)428-6531