College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences
- OU Students: 2.25 GPA (COMB and OU)
- Transfer Students: 2.5 GPA
- Current OU students who meet the admission requirements may declare a major in this college through the Dean's office in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences at any time during the semester.
- Note: Beginning the 11th week of the semester, a change in major will be reflected on a student's transcript for the following semester. Colleges may wait until the end of the semester to review a student's final grades before approving/processing a major change.
Q. Who is my advisor?
A. You will be advised as follows:
- Meteorology - you will be assigned a faculty advisor by the School of Meteorology (SoM). You will get an email sent to your OU email with information on how to set up an academic advising appointment.
- Students also have the option to connect with Shelby Hill, Coordinator of Undergraduate Programs for the SoM.
- Geography, Environmental Sustainability, or Geographic Information Science - you will be advised by Jamie Steele, Undergraduate Academic Advisor for the Department of Geography & Environmental Sustainability.
Detailed information for advising events are announced in the College's "Monday Memo" and also sent to your OU email address prior to the University's advanced registration period.
The College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences Dean’s office strongly encourages students to review their academic records on Degree Navigator prior to scheduling an advising appointment with their faculty advisor. Students should also prepare an enrollment plan before meeting with their advisor. Students should be familiar with the degree requirements checksheet for their major.