Skip Navigation

International Students

Skip Side Navigation

International Student Advising

Students Sitting Around Table

We welcome our International Students to the University of Oklahoma! We want to make your experience here at OU one you will remember fondly, not only for the academic excellence you will find, but also for the Oklahoma hospitality  we offer. This web site offers valuable information to you regarding academic advising, as well as a link to the International Student Services web page.

If you do not find the answer to your question, or if you have a suggestion for this web page, please contact us by email at (and include your ID number) or call (405) 325-1596.


Academic Advising Information

Who Is My Advisor?

As a new international student, you must meet with your college-level academic counselor. This meeting is critical, as your counselor will review your degree requirements at the University of Oklahoma. Your advisor also will give you a brief orientation to OU and your college, as well as provide your initial advising. The Who-How-Where of Advising will provide you with information about your chosen college and who your advisor is.


How Do I Make An Appointment With My Advisor?

Most colleges at the University of Oklahoma use the iAdvise appointment system. When you log in with your 4x4 (first four letters of your last name and last four digits of your student ID number) and password, the system will take you into your college/advisor appointment book to schedule an appointment. The Advising Home Page provides information on colleges that use either iAdvise or an alternate means of scheduling appointments.


What Do I Need To Know Before Enrolling?

Besides checking in with your college academic counselor, it is important for you to have information about immigration requirements specific to enrollment. If you are a new international student or have started a new degree level as an international student, you must check in with the OU International Student Services office in 224 Old Science Hall. Please visit the International Student Services web site dedicated to Important Enrollment Information for International Students.


What Other Information Do I Need?

The International Student Services office is the lifeline for international students at the University of Oklahoma. They are here to assist you with federal regulations, to facilitate the education and personal development of international students, and to support cultural exchange and enrichment at the University of Oklahoma and the Norman community. A wealth of information is available at the International Student Services web site or by calling them at (405) 325-3337.