DGES has 108 computers available to students across 4 labs, 3 of which are available to DGES students 24/7.
|SEC 639||Closed until further notice||Open||6|
* Except during class.
Lab computers are not backed up, and may be replaced or rebuilt in the event of hardware failure. Please back up files/data to a flash drive, external hard drive, or cloud storage (see below for OneDrive information).
All active faculty, staff and students have access to 1TB of cloud storage on OneDrive. To access via a web browser, visit the OneDrive Login Page and sign in using your OU credentials.
Print kiosks are available in many locations accross campus, including 4 in SEC.
SEC locations include...
- Plaza level - east side
- 2nd floor - Youngblood Library
- 2nd floor - west hallway, above Bedrock Cafe
- 10th floor - 1040 computer lab
For more information about campus printing and WEPA kiosks, including locations, use instructions and payment information, please visit: https://itscnorman.ou.edu/portfolio/cloud-printing/
The following software is available on all lab computers.
|Operating System||Windows 10 Education|
|Office Suite||Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise|
|Adobe Software||Full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite|
|GIS Software||ArcGIS, Fragstats, GRASS GIS, QGIS|
|Development and Statistical||IBM SPSS, IDLE, PythonWin, R, RStudio|
|Life Cycle Assessment||GaBi, SimaPro|
ArcGIS Desktop and Pro licenses are available for all faculty, staff and students. Please see the instructions below.
Please visit itstore.ou.edu for the software and license code. Please note, this code will need to be updated yearly. Updated codes will be made available on the IT Store website, typically in late July.
- Browse to https://uok.maps.arcgis.com/
- Click on "Use your University of Oklahoma login" and sign in using your OU credentials.
- Once signed in, click on your user name in the upper-right corner of the page, then click My settings.
- On the My Settings page, click the Licenses tab on the left.
- Next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download.
- In the downlaod window, review the language settings, then click Download.
- When the download is completed, run the .exe file and follow the prompts to install ArcGIS Pro.
- Once installed, please follow these instructions for licensing.
As of summer 2019, Adobe has changed the way Adobe CC apps are licensed. Follow the link below for instructions for using Adobe CC apps.
After hours building access is available to all DGES students. There is a card swipe reader located outside the doors on the east side of the building, under the stairs that lead up to the plaza level.
Tech fees support many aspects of DGES technology. These include: computer lab technology, such as computers, monitors, software, desks and A/V equipment, as well as servers and salaries for student support staff. For more information, please visit the University's Tuition & Fees page.