Image: Spring 2022 A&GS Advisement
As an A&GS first year student, you will be advised in University College through the spring semester of your first year.
Once you meet admission requirements to the College of Atmospheric & Geographic Sciences:
- Minimum of 24 semester hours completed
- Minimum 2.25 OU and Overall GPA
- Declared major in Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Geographic Information Science, or Meteorology
Your records will automatically be transferred to the College of A&GS and you will be assigned a new academic advisor.
- Meteorology - you will be assigned a faculty advisor by the School of Meteorology (SoM). You will get an email sent to your OU email with information on how to set up an academic advising appointment.
- Students also have the option to connect with Shelby Hill, Coordinator of Undergraduate Programs for the SoM.
- Geography, Environmental Sustainability, or Geographic Information Science - you will be advised by Jamie Steele, Undergraduate Academic Advisor for the Department of Geography & Environmental Sustainability.
- A&GS Dean's Office - Once you have earned 90 hours or more, students will need to be advised by Brittney Johnson for a degree check by scheduling an appointment on iadvise.ou.edu
Before your advising appointment:
- Go to Degree Navigator at degree.ou.edu to check your degree completion progress and to prepare a trial schedule for the upcoming academic term.
- Your academic advisor will lift your advising hold, note recommendations in iAdvise, and provide special permission (overrides) necessary for any Meteorology, Geography, or Geographic Information Science courses that require it.
- Please note that your advisor is not authorized to provide overrides for courses outside A&GS.
- If you are concurrently enrolled in courses at another school, make sure your academic advisor is aware of what courses you will be transferring into OU at the end of the current academic term.
- Be sure to submit any outstanding transcripts to OU Admissions Office at email@example.com
- Go here for information on how to enroll.