Jobs, Internships, and Research Opportunities
Current Job Openings
- CIMMS Student Research Assistant (SPR), Job Number 210528
- CIMMS Student Research Assistant (SPR), Job Number 210532
- CIMMS Undergraduate Academic Assistant (SPR), Job Number 210625
- Senior Satellite Engineer at DTN Application
- Digital Media Assistant for the National Weather Association
Current Internship Opportunities
- Check back soon for new content!
Internships for Credit
Students in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences are strongly encouraged to pursue an internship. Internships provide students with the opportunity to gain professional experience in their field of study, and may lead to an entry-level position with the business where the internship was performed after graduation.
Although students are not required to seek credit for an internship, many internship employers require that students be enrolled in an internship class. Students may earn 1-3 hours of credit for an Internship. Internships may be completed at any time during the academic year, and may be either paid or unpaid.
Please note: An internship through the School of Meteorology will not carry degree credit toward a BS in Meteorology unless the student obtains permission from the Director of the School of Meteorology for the internship to fulfill a specific degree requirement.
The College of A&GS posts internship openings in Monday Memo during the spring and fall semesters. In addition, students can find internship resources on OU's Career Services website at http://www.ou.edu/career. Students may also seek internships directly with a company or business.
The College also regularly posts student employment positions with a number of the professional organizations on the research campus, e.g., CIMMS, the NWC Library, the South Central Climate Science Adaptation Center, and Research Computing Services, to name just a few.
To apply for an internship for credit in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences, you must:
Have a declared major in Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Geographic Information Science, or Meteorology.
- Have a minimum 2.25 OU and Retention GPA
- Submit an A&GS Internship Application (pdf) to your academic unit for approval
After an internship is approved by your academic unit, you may enroll in the internship at one.ou.edu. Internships are graded S/U and will not be included in your retention grade point average.
Current Research Opportunities
Current Workshops & Trainings
- Foundations of Research (Summer 2021) Virtual Class (pdf)
- Courses available for undergraduates, graduates, and post-doctoral researchers.
- Appropriate for all academic disciplines.
- For additional information, contact: email@example.com
- Phased Array Radar Virtual Workshop
- May 25, 2021 from 12:00pm to 4:30pm
- Registration Required