Our Vision, Mission, and Goals
The Coaching in Higher Education Consortium exists to provide coaches and coaching practices that partner with post-secondary students to persist, thrive, and graduate.
Mission and Goals
The Coaching in Higher Education Consortium is a diverse community of professionals engaged in the art and science of coaching to empower student growth and success. By serving as collaborative change agents, we advance coaching in higher education as a practice that transforms our institutions.
- Believe that coaching strengthens individuals, institutions, and communities.
- Contribute our collective experience and expertise to the development of evidence-based practices.
- Endorse scholarly projects that examine innovative coaching practices and measure student success.
- Inspire and support coaches by emphasizing personal well-being, professional development, and community engagement.
- Promote equity by advocating approaches to coaching that meet the needs of individual students.
- Share our resources to advance the practice and profession of coaching in higher education.
- Value the relational, holistic, and agency-promoting elements of coaching .
Definition of Coaching
We define coaching as fostering individualized relationships with students that promote their agency, self-understanding, growth, effectiveness, and persistence within the realm of education and across their lifespan.