OU Center for Student Advancement
Jonathan's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is building a relationship with someone, learning their story, encouraging and supporting them, and helping them build a plan of action as they work to make their goals a reality."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Journalism, The University of Oklahoma.
- Master's- Adult and Higher Education, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Playing video games.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- I really struggled academically and socially my freshman year, but I found ways to adapt and adjust.
- I had a few key people step in and have a conversation with me about the potential they saw in me.
- During my Senior year I made a decision to shift career choices and go to graduate school for Adult and Higher and Education, so I could work with students as they navigate their college experience.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major.
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Not having a sense of belonging.
- Academic motivation challenges.