OU Clara Luper Department of African American Studies
Andrea's Coaching Mindset: "I believe coaching is the opportunity to let a client navigate their own lives in a way that is meaningful to them."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Political Science, UC Davis.
- Bachelor's- African American Studies, UC Davis.
- PhD- Political Science, University of Michigan.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Podcasts (Bodega Boys, The Read, anything true crime).
- Hanging out with my cat: Blake Griffin.
- Going on vacation (I love St. Lucia).
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- A professor saw something special in me and was willing to mentor me towards the Ph.D.
- Each semester I learn so much from my students. It makes me happy that learning can go both ways.
- The students are the very best part of this job. I am lucky to get to share my classroom with them.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Having no sense of belonging.
- Financial Stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.