Associate Director of Advising, Doctoral and Specialty Masters Programs
OU Price College of Business
Brandy's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is being vulnerable enough to stand in front of a mirror (your coach) and dive deeply into the parts of yourself you are afraid to see. Then, once you've found the core of who you are, using that knowledge to shine its brightness into the world around you."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Music Education, University of Southern Mississippi.
- Master's- Music Education, University of Southern Mississippi.
- Master's- Music Theory, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Being creative.
- Crocheting and knitting.
- Taking risks.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- I completed not one but three degrees in a field I ended up hating as a profession.
- When I recognized how fulfilled I was when I was learning and growing, particularly in formal education.
- I sought out positions in academic advising on a whim, but found that I absolutely loved working with students (and graduate students specifically).
While in college, I experienced:
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Financial Stress.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.
- Other-"Coming out in a very homophobic/transphobic area of the country. Dealing with chronic mental and physical health issues."