OU College of Arts and Sciences
Jennifer's Coaching Mindset: "I believe coaching is a working partnership that empowers students to discover their strengths and address barriers to success. Coaching provides students with tools to achieve academic and personal goals, guidance to wade through uncertainty, and direction to help dreams take flight."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Psychology and English, Saint Louis University.
- Master's- Social Work, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Podcast nerd.
- Exercise enthusiast.
- Always in search of my next great meal or cup of coffee.
- Taxi service to my two children.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Advising appointments as an undergrad that caused more anxiety than clarity.
- Volunteer work during my undergraduate degree that influenced my desire to work with diverse populations as a Social Worker.
- Support and mentorship I received during my MSW graduate program that further fueled my desire to be a strong mentor to other future professionals.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major.
- Not having a sense of belonging.