OU Gallogly College of Engineering
Jessie's Coaching Mindset: "I believe coaching is a bond of mutual trust between the coach and the student. This bond allows the student to achieve personal and academic goals with the coach's support and guidance."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Journalism, Oklahoma State University.
- Master's- Administrative Leadership, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Spending time with my family.
- Reading historical fiction.
- Shopping with friends.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Graduating with a bachelor's degree that did not align with my values and interests dawned curiosity about academic advising.
- Real-life experience as a journalist, graphic designer, and advertising project manager fueled my hunger for continuing education and teaching others.
- Starting a career in academic advising after nearly 10 years of thinking about it has encouraged me to more quickly pursue my goals.
- Challenging myself to pursue a master's degree while working full-time and caring for my family helps me feel empathy and compassion for overwhelmed students.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major.
- Financial Stress.
- Not having a sense of belonging.
- Lack of a positive support network.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.
- Academic motivation challenges.