Academic Advising Specialist
OU Academic Advising Resource Center
Kendra's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is a Game-changer. Coaching gives student the power to believe in themselves and make and solidify decisions for their academics. Coaching encompasses all aspects of the college student. Coaching makes things happen to keep stress away, so students can focus on their academics."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Native American Studies, The University of Oklahoma.
- Master's- Education, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Being outdoors.
- Watching my kids play sports.
- Riding bikes with my family.
- Playing co-ed softball.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Graduation, first generation, low-income, minority, female with M.Ed.
- Teaching Gateway to Learning, impact you can make on Freshman.
- Presentation at the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Financial stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.
- A lack of a positive support network.
- Academic motivation challenges.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.