OU Academic Advising Resource Center
Michele's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is a process of accountability for becoming the best version of yourself through a trusting relationship between a coach and a student."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Zoology, The University of Oklahoma.
- Bachelor's- Psychology, The University of Oklahoma.
- Master's- Administrative Leadership, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Volunteer work.
- Logic puzzles.
- Watching movies.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Becoming an OU Resident Advisor and realizing my passion for working with college students.
- When my love of learning was appreciated and rewarded.
- My clarity to discern that Genetic Counseling was not the best fit for me career-wise even though my Biology and Psychology classes prepared me for it.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major.
- Not having a sense of belonging.
- Financial stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.