Director of Academic Services
OU College of Arts and Sciences
Ryan's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is a pathway to a more individualized and intentional college experience and meaningful work."
Higher Education Background:
- Bachelor's- Communications, The University of Oklahoma.
- Master's- Human Relations, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- Apathy towards college as a high school student.
- Parent driven decisions on college choices based on factors that were not reflective of who I am.
- An amazing advising connection that led to an internship with Sports Illustrated.
- Experience working in Higher Education as a Resident Advisor.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major.
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Financial Stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.
- A lack of a positive support network.
- Academic motivation challenges.