Academic Life Coach Coordinator
OU Academic Advising Resource Center
Shana's Coaching Mindset: "I believe that coaching is supporting accountability and success by enabling students to discover and unleash obscured perseverance from within."
Higher Education Background:
- Associate's- Criminology, Oklahoma City Community College.
- Bachelor's- Sociology, The University of Oklahoma.
- Master's- Human Relations, The University of Oklahoma.
Interests and Hobbies:
- Traveling the world.
- Living life to the fullest.
- Working out.
- Anything outdoors.
- Watching sports.
- Attending concerts.
- Spending time with my family and friends.
- Promoting organ donor awareness.
- Volunteering for various organizations.
- Watching crime documentaries.
Top Life Defining Moments in Higher Education:
- The day I realized that I would never be a valued employee without a college degree.
- When I pushed through after obtaining my Associates degree and applied to The University of Oklahoma to achieve my Bachelor's.
- Accepting a Graduate Assistant position at OU, which allowed me to see that I truly love helping and encouraging others to follow their dreams.
While in college, I experienced:
- Balancing work and school.
- Being undecided on a major
- Difficulty building and managing successful study systems.
- Financial Stress.
- Being a first-generation college student.
- Overcoming daily challenges through resiliency.
- Other- "As a first generation student growing up in a single parent household, it was difficult to navigate my way to/through college on my own. Because of the perseverance I learned from my mother, I was able to figure out the confusing process and overcome every obstacle that stood in my way of degree completion.