Oklahoma Archeological Survey
COVID-19 Procedures as of September 9, 2020
File Search Requests (Version 3.0)
In the wake of COVID-19, the University of Oklahoma (OU) has implemented procedures geared toward ensuring a safe, healthy campus environment. We are issuing the guidance below to address the ways in which our procedures at the Oklahoma Archeological Survey (OAS) will be affected. Please read this information carefully.
- Until our office reopens to non-OU personnel, OAS staff will complete site file checks on behalf of qualified archaeological consultants and agency representatives who request that assistance in association with a Section 106 project as we are able and other workloads permit.
· To request site file checks, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One completed OAS File Search Form per project*, which is to be signed by the Principal Investigator (PI).
- A map of the Area of Potential Effects (APE) or study area and 1-mile buffer.
- A list of all USGS topographic quadrangle maps for the APE and buffer.
- A list of all legal descriptions, including: Section; Township; Range; and Meridian for the APE and buffer. Please include this list under the Additional Project Information section on page 2 of the form.
- Requests that contain incomplete or inaccurate information will be returned to the sender.
· *If you are requesting file searches for multiple small cellular communication towers in close proximity to one another (i.e., in the same neighborhood or within a few blocks of one another), please submit one form for the group of towers. The form must include a list of constituent towers in the Project Description. The list of legal descriptions must be provided based on the area that encompasses all the towers and a 1-mile buffer beyond the outer-most towers.
· Please ensure that all documents are combined into a single PDF file and named according to the following formula: Company name_project name_file_search.pdf
- If the file size is larger than 35 Mb, compartmentalize the submission so the respective files are less than 35 Mb and send in multiple messages.
· Indicate “File Search Request” in the Subject line of your email message.
· Usual fees for requested forms will apply and your firm/agency will be billed accordingly.
We make every effort to complete file search requests as expeditiously as possible. However, given the current limited capacity, we make no guarantees regarding our ability to accommodate file search requests—particularly for large projects—quickly. We ask for your continued patience.