Tools & Functionality
Adaptive Planning will enable users at the college/unit and institutional levels to:
- Budget at the departmental, fund, program, and project level in alignment with our PeopleSoft chartfield spreads;
- Create a budget(s) that reflects source changes throughout the year, including for personnel salary funding changes;
- Forecast at multiple operational levels;
- Follow a clear and auditable approval workflow for budget change requests;
- Run position control reports to show budgets and changes at the position level, as well as changes to payroll expense distributions;
- Forecast revenue and expense scenarios using customized assumptions for various revenue sources, including tuition, fees, and auxiliary revenues.
- Analyze data from multiple university systems, such as PeopleSoft Financials and HCM, and Banner.
Reporting capabilities will include:
- Simple, easy-to-access variance analysis of budget versus actual at various levels, including GL account code, department, college, and institution;
- The ability to drill down within reports to show greater granularity;
- Running reports on an automated schedule and emailing to other users;
- Ad hoc budget reports;
- Customizable dashboarding on budgets and budget-to-actuals at multiple levels, in addition to key metrics.