Career Services understands your experience as an international student is a unique one. Our team is dedicated to your success not only as a student here on campus, but your future success in your career. Use the resources below to learn more about how Career Services can assist you as an international student at the University of Oklahoma.
- Determine if you are eligible to work. Meet and discuss your options first with your International Student Services contact. To find out who you need to contact, please access the list on the OU International Student Services website.
- Once you have determined that you can work, then you would need to know if you are eligible for on-campus or off-campus employment.
- Are you seeking a summer internship? What kind of position would you like to find? What kind of company or organization? What kind of experience do you want to have?
- Do you have an up-to-date resume? If not, I would recommend that you access our resume information in our Job Search Guide.
- Virtual Drop-in Resume Reviews are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (1:30 pm to 4:00 pm), or you can schedule an appointment to have it reviewed. To find instructions on how to check for virtual assistance, please go to Events in Handshake. Click on a specific day and time for detailed instructions. Have your resume available to review on your computer or uploaded to your Handshake account so that your Career Adviser can access it.
- To schedule an appointment, access your Handshake account, click Career Center then Appointments in the top navigation panel. Follow the instructions on scheduling an appointment in Career Services.
We understand your needs as an international student are unique and require more assistance in certain areas than perhaps other students at the unviersity. A great way to gain information and access to resources is by attending Career Services events and workshops.
If you have additional questions or need more resources, feel free to reach out to our career advisement staff. Our team can help you navigate the job search, access free resources, and give advice on a variety of career-related topics. You can speak to a career adviser dedicated to your specific major, or contact our adviser for international students.