Skip Navigation

University Policies

Skip Side Navigation

Undergraduate Anthropology Program: University Policies

Sexual Harassment Policy

The University of Oklahoma explicitly condemns sexual harassment of students, staff, and faculty. Since some members of the University community hold positions of authority that may involve the legitimate exercise of power over others, it is their responsibility to be sensitive to that power. The University and the Department of Anthropology are committed to providing an environment of study and work free from sexual harassment and to insuring the accessibility of appropriate grievance procedures for addressing all complaints regarding sexual harassment. You may obtain a copy of the University's policy and grievance procedure as well as proceed with a grievance by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity. You may also discuss your concerns with any anthropology faculty member or the department chair, who will assist you.

Reasonable Accommodation for Disabilities

The University of Oklahoma will reasonably accommodate otherwise qualified individuals with a disability unless such accommodation would pose an undue hardship, would result in a fundamental alteration in the nature of the service, program or activity or in undue financial or administrative burdens. The term "reasonable accommodation" is used in its general sense in this policy to apply to employees, students and visitors.

Reasonable accommodation may include, but is not limited to:

a. Making existing facilities readily accessible and usable by individuals with disabilities
b. Job restructuring
c. Part-time or modified work schedules
d. Reassignment to a vacant position if qualified
e. Acquisition or modification of equipment or devices
f. Adjustment or modification of examinations, training materials or policies
g. Providing qualified readers or interpreters
h. Modifying policies, practices and procedure

Reasonable accommodation with respect to employment matters should be coordinated with Personnel Services and the disabled individual. Reasonable accommodation with respect to academic matters, including but not limited to faculty employment, should be referred to the Provost's office while all other issues of reasonable accommodation should be referred to the office of the Vice president for Administrative Affairs.