Students are encouraged to take advantage of a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities that are available. For additional information, please visit the links below.
- College of Arts and Sciences Scholarship Opportunities
- Financial Aid Services Office
- M. Blanche Adams and M. Frances Adams Scholarships in Biology
- George Miksch Sutton Scholarship Scholarships in the amount of $500 to $2,000 or more are awarded to undergraduate and graduate students in the field of Ornithology. Selection is based on merit and financial need. For more information, contact the Department of Biology or the Office of Financial Aid Services.
M. Blanch Adams and M. Frances Adams Scholarships in Biology
- Scholarships of $1,000 to $3,000 per year for up to three years will be awarded on a competitive basis to undergraduate students majoring in Biology. Applications will be solicited from Biology majors who are in their second-semester freshman through second-semester junior years, with scholarships therefore payable for the sophomore through senior years, as appropriate. Payments will be divided into equal halves to be paid during the fall and spring semesters of the applicable academic years. The amount and length of the scholarship support will be influenced by the successful applicant’s academic classification, financial need, and other assessment criteria.
- Summer Research Scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to allow undergraduate students to participate in research under the mentorship of a Biology faculty member during the summer. The minimum period of research participation would be the scheduled summer academic session.
- Applicants must be officially declared Biology majors, with a minimum 3.5 GPA and at least one semester of coursework completed at the University of Oklahoma.
- Applications for an academic year scholarship will include a statement of goals and academic plans with one letter of recommendation. Application forms are available in the Biology Advising Office.
- Applications for a Summer Research scholarship must also include a written research plan and a letter of support from a faculty mentor who agrees to supervise the research. Summer enrollment in Honors Research or Independent Study will be required.
- The Undergraduate Student Scholarship Subcommittee will be chaired by the Chair of Biology and include the Director of Undergraduate Studies, the Assessment Liaison, the Honors Coordinator, the Biology Academic Counselor, at least one elected member of Committee A, and two members elected by the faculty. All Subcommittee members have the right to evaluate and vote on all candidates. The Subcommittee, with advice from the OU Foundation when appropriate, will determine the number of academic year and summer scholarships to be awarded.
Click here to apply and for more information about the Adams Scholarships and other scholarships available through the OU Scholarships webpage.