Welcome to the webpage for online application to our graduate program. Our department offers an excellent environment for professional training in the cutting-edge areas of chemistry and biochemistry. Our faculty conduct vibrant research ranging from fundamental mechanistic studies to applied biomedical and materials sciences, which takes advantage of several advanced core facilities and research centers located on site. Our department offers financial assistantships to our graduate students, and additional fellowships are available to incoming graduate students. More information is available at Financial Assistance and Fellowships.
1) To join our graduate program, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION at the Graduate College of the University of Oklahoma. Please follow the instructions provided on the application website. During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items.
- Statement of Purpose, CV, and official (original) copies of your transcripts
- When prompted by the application form, provide name and contact information of three persons who are willing to provide letters of recommendation for you.
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Due to COVID-2019, the General GRE score is OPTIONAL for Fall 2022 applicants. However, if you are able to make arrangements to take the General GRE test or have recently taken the examination, please have the scores reported directly to the Graduate College.
- We encourage you to submit any additional documents that will help us better evaluate your application. Some examples include writing samples, description of prior research experience, posters, and publications.
2) If you would like to have a direct dialogue with the Recruiting & Admissions Committee before submitting the online application, please fill out this PRELIMINARY INQUIRY FORM. The Committee will contact you for additional information if you are a potential candidate for our program. Note that completing the preliminary inquiry form is optional and those applicants who are contacted by the committee in this manner will still have to submit an ONLINE APPLICATION to be formally evaluated for admissions.
For inquiries, please contact the Recruiting & Admissions Committee at the address below:
Graduate Program Assistant
Institution Code = 6879
Fall Semester Application Evaluation Window is January 15 - March 31 or until positions are filled.