Below are the responsibilities we expect our instructors to honor both for their courses and for professional development.
- Come to class with carefully prepared lesson plans that fulfill unit and course learning objectives.
- Assign homework and classwork designed to prepare students to succeed on unit projects.
- Encourage questions and provide answers, guidance, or next steps
- Be available during office hours (1.5 hours per course section) to meet with students as well as respond to your e-mails according to the policy listed in the syllabus.
- Post your office hours/location on your syllabus and on Canvas
- Give feedback on drafts at least 48 hours before final drafts are due (you do not have to respond to incomplete drafts)
- Return graded unit projects within 2 weeks of receiving final drafts (grades for late or incomplete student submissions may be delayed)
- Check your OU e-mail regularly
- Update grades regularly on Canvas
- Have an optimistic view of students and be invested in their success
- Graduate Teaching Assistants are required to attend two professional development workshops on teaching each semester
- Adjunct instructors are required to attend one professional development workshop on teaching each semester
- Renewable Term Instructors are not required to attend professional development workshops, but will help facilitate them