All HES and pre-HES students are required to be advised by their assigned advisor prior to enrolling for fall, spring, and summer terms. HES also encourages students to expand their network of mentors and balance multiple sources of advice so that they can position themselves not only to make highly informed decisions while at OU but also to develop valuable relationships that may enrich their lives for years to come.
Students may schedule individual 30-minute appointments with their HES undergraduate advisor, using iAdvise. Students with last names A-F and all HES minors are advised by Megan Denney, students with the last names of G-M are advised by Kristin Smithmier, and students with last names N-Z are advised by Kati Miller.
If you do not see any available appointments in iAdvise, then you can either check back after a few days or contact your advisor. The HES advisors will have their availability displayed in two-week increments in iAdvise.
Since enrollment windows open based upon classification, advising is also scheduled upon classification beginning with seniors and progressing to juniors and sophomores. Any student who has early registration may contact their advisor directly to arrange for an earlier advising session.
Follow the steps below to prepare for advisement:
- Schedule an advising session with your academic advisor in iAdvise.
- Log on to Degree Navigator.
- Review your degree audit and plan your schedule.
- Create a list of the courses you plan to take and any questions you have for your advising session.
- Attend your scheduled advising session.
- Register for classes for the upcoming term when your enrollment opens.