Math Center Calendar
MATH CENTER FALL SCHEDULE / ZOOM MEETING INFORMATION
The Math Center will be open Monday, August 31st and will stay open until Thursday, December 17th . All tutoring sessions will occur online during Fall 2020.
Zoom Meeting ID: 985 3436 4933
Before clicking on the Math Center Zoom link, be sure you are signed into your OU Zoom account. To do this, open the Zoom app, and sign in via the SSO option with the domain of 'oklahoma' and your 4x4.
|Math Center Fall Hours||Days||Location|
|11:00am - 7:00pm||Monday - Thursday||Zoom Link here|
|11:00am - 4:00pm||Friday||Zoom Link here|
|CLOSED||Saturday - Sunday|
TIPS FOR USING THE MATH CENTER ONLINE
The online procedure is new and will get easier. There will be some problems but we will work through them. Please be patient.
You must use the Zoom App!!!
- Log in early. A front desk person will help navigate you to the appropriate tutor. Be prepared to tell them what course you are in.
- Find a good quiet place to work with minimal distractions in the background.
- Make sure that you have tried the problem ahead of time. Taking a picture of what you have tried and showing it to the tutors helps them know how to best help you.
- Have questions ready.
- Be proactive asking questions.
- The tutoring session is about building on your understanding and is not a place to get answers.
- Please do not expect the tutors to develop a lecture over the material. They are here to clarify misunderstanding on course material and to answer questions.
The Math Center is dedicated to offering support to students enrolled in University of Oklahoma mathematics courses at the calculus level or below. Our goal is to provide assistance to students as they work on understanding and mastering the concepts presented in these math courses.
Math Center Closure
The Math Center is closed for all student holidays. If the University of Oklahoma closes due to weather conditions, the Math Center will be closed as well.
Math Center Courses
The Math Center offers assistance and consultations for students enrolled in the following courses:
- Math 1473: Mathematics for Critical Thinking
- Math 1503: College Algebra
- Math 1523: Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry
- Math 1643: Pre-Calculus for Business, Life and Social Sciences
- Math 1743: Calculus I for Business, Life and Social Sciences
- Math 1823: Calculus and Analytical Geometry I
- Math 1914: Differential and Integral Calculus I
- Math 2123: Calculus II for Business, Life and Social Sciences
- Math 2423: Calculus and Analytical Geometry II
- Math 2433: Calculus and Analytical Geometry III
- Math 2443: Calculus and Analytical Geometry IV
- Math 2924: Differential and Integral Calculus II
- Math 2934: Differential and Integral Calculus III
- Math 3113: Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations (limited hours only)
- Math 3333: Linear Algebra I (limited hours only)
Facts About the Math Center
- No appointment needed
- Unlimited access when enrolled in an appropriate math course
- Expert advice from an experienced staff
- Promote independent thinking
- Meet other students with similar questions
- Come prepared to work on Math
- Good place to meet with your fellow classmates to study Math
- Don't wait until exam week to attend the Math Center. There are more opportunities for individual attention in the non-exam weeks.