Respondus can make it easier to create quizzes in Canvas, in some cases. Respondus imports a specially formatted Word document with the questions and answers, and exports a quiz or question bank directly to Canvas. Respondus is currently Windows-only.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.
You can download Respondus and find the current license password at the OU IT Store website: https://customapps.ou.edu/studio/itstore/Download/Details/104
Using Respondus to Create Quizzes in Canvas (Part 1)
This video explains how to setup and use Respondus with Canvas. The following topics are covered:
- Downloading and installing Respondus
- Formatting the question/answer Word file for import into Respondus
- Disabling numbered lists in Word (makes formatting easier)
- Warnings and errors when importing the Word file
Using Respondus to Create Quizzes in Canvas (Part 2)
This video explains how to export a quiz or question bank from Respondus to Canvas. The following topics are covered:
- Setting up the connection to the Canvas server
- Exporting to Canvas