REU Application Form
You must not have graduated with a Bachelors degree by the start of the program. You must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US or its possessions. Applications from women and minorities are particularly encouraged. The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution.
We will begin to review applications by February 1, and make initial offers to students shortly after that date. To have the best opportunity to participate in the program, we strongly encourage you to have your application complete by that time. However, we will review all applications sent until positions are full, and will always consider new applications from strong candidates or those from under-represented groups in physics.
The Physics REU sites directors will utilize a common deadline of March 5, 2021 for students to accept or decline first round offers at domestic (non-international) sites. Sites may send offers to students at any time before this, but students will not be required to decide before March 5. Because of necessary organizational lead time, international REU sites may require earlier acceptance dates.
- Fill out the information below in this form. The information you fill out will not be saved if you return to this page, so please fill out all the information on the form and submit it at one time.
- Acquire a copy of your transcript. (An official copy is not necessary at this stage, but is preferred. If you are accepted, we may need a copy of your official transcript.) You will have the opportunity to upload the transcript in the form below.
- If you do not have the transcript at the time you submit this form, you must send it to our department by either of the following methods:
- preferred: scan to (or otherwise create) one pdf document and e-mail to OU.Physics.REU@ou.edu
- snail mail to:
REU Program - Attn: Application
University of Oklahoma
Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy
440 West Brooks St. Room 100
Norman, OK 73019-2061
- Have two or three professors send a letter of reference on your behalf by e-mail to OU.Physics.REU@ou.edu in any form they would like. You will need to enter information about your references below as well.
- Ask any questions you have! Contact our physics office by phone at (405) 325-3961 or (800) 522-0772, or by e-mail at OU.Physics.REU@ou.edu, or by postal mail at the address above. You may also browse our web page.
Items marked with * are required to be filled in or the submission will fail.