Welcome to the Department!
You just joined, what now?
Welcome to the Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Oklahoma! We are excited to get to know you and we hope that this welcome package will help you find what you need as you get started on your journey in the Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy. This welcome package contains several sections that are organized by either “group” (undergraduate student, graduate student, postdoc, faculty, staff) or “topic” (such as layout of Nielsen Hall and Lin Hall, campus map, etc.). The welcome package is designed to allow (at least so we hope…) for relatively straightforward browsing.
To see the Department Welcome Guide click on any of the topics below:
- Incomplete guide to Norman basics
- Getting on the department’s email lists and website
- OUNetID (4x4), OU email account, Sooner card, getting on payroll, office assignment and keys, travel card
- Departmental and university handbooks
- (Semi-)regular departmental events
- Student organizations
- Layout of Nielsen Hall
- Layout of Lin Hall
- Campus map and buildings of interest
- For graduate students
- For undergraduate students
- Resources for students
- Physical and mental well-being (resources for students, staff, and faculty)
- Other campus resources
- Room reservations
- Departmental IT support and OSCER
- International Student Services/HR
- Departmental Drop Box
- Governance structure of the Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Faculty of the Department of Physics and Astronomy