Information Studies Minor
In the information age, all professions are driven by the creation, use, and transfer of knowledge. The Information Studies minor focuses on how information impacts and is influenced by societal issues, governmental regulation, policy, and economics, as well as I.T. systems design, implementation, and management.
The Information Studies minor will require a total of 18 hours.
- LIS 2003 - Introduction to Information Science
- LIS 4063 - Fundamentals of Information Technology
- LIS 4643 - Introduction to Data Analytics
- LIS 4683 - Database Design for Information Organizations
Choose two courses from three subject areas.
- Information Technology
- Information and Society
- Organizational Communication
A list of course options for these areas can be found on the Minor Checksheet PDF linked in the blue button near the top of this page.