MSW Admission Information
Admission to the Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work Master of Social Work program is open from October 1st - February 1st. Students must apply during this time frame to be considered for the following year. Spring Admission is for part-time only and is open from July 1 – September 1. The Advanced Standing program starts in summer (June).
Applicants will complete a basic online application, upload a resume, write and then upload answers to 5 essay questions based on our directions, and enter recommender information for 3 letters of recommendation. Recommenders will then receive information about how to complete the letters using our online system. Letters of recommendation should be from professional people such as professors or supervisors. Letters from relatives, friends, coworkers or ministers are not acceptable.
To be admissible, you must have a 3.0 GPA on your last conferred degree, or a maintained 3.0 GPA for at least 12 credit hours of graduate work. We do not require the GRE, or any prerequisite coursework.
How to apply:
1) Complete the online application starting Oct. 1
Attach your resume’, copy of transcript, answers to essay questions (to see a copy of the essay questions that are in the application, click here or send a request to: email@example.com), and enter recommenders’ information.
2) Check your application after you submit it to make sure all 3 of your recommendation letters have been submitted.
3) Submit your application with $50 fee by February 1.
4) Offers of admission are emailed to applicants around the first part of April.
To find out more about our program options, visit our academic programs page. There you will find:
- MSW Information
- 60 Hour program information including degree sheets and schedules
- Advanced Standing program information including degree sheets and schedules