Call for Faculty Fellows
The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) requests proposals for year-long Faculty Fellowships (Jan.-Dec. 2023) that build upon and enhance CFE’s existing programming, resources, and activities to further support OU faculty as they develop their scholarship through research and creative activities, teaching, community engagement, and service.
All OU faculty are eligible to apply. Interested faculty should submit
1. a cover letter (1-2 pages) describing their experience and interests that have prepared them to carry out the proposed work,
2. a proposal (2 page maximum using the template below) that describes their plan for creating and implementing faculty development programming and other resources expanding upon current CFE offerings to support faculty excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Discovering, developing, implementing, and sharing innovative and inclusive teaching practices
- Building infrastructure for faculty mentoring and/or activities that build community amongst faculty
- Developing and sharing resources aimed at preparing faculty to step into leadership roles, particularly within their research and creative activities.
- Facilitating writing groups and other resources to support faculty scholarship and publication
- Supporting faculty efforts in community-engaged research, creative activities, designing service-learning courses and connecting with community partners, nonprofit organizations and other community stakeholders
3. C.V., including a list of 3 references who may be contacted regarding their application
Selected faculty fellows will work with current CFE staff and other faculty fellows to develop and implement effective and inclusive faculty development activities and resources from January-December 2023, meeting bi-weekly throughout the academic year and once over the summer. Selected Fellows will receive a 1-course release and $5000 stipend/discretionary funds.
Application materials should be combined into a single pdf document and emailed to email@example.com by October 17th to ensure full consideration. If you have questions or would like to discuss potential proposal ideas, please contact CFE Director Megan Elwood Madden (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Proposal Template (2 pages maximum)
1. What do you hope to accomplish in your CFE Faculty Fellowship?
2. How do you plan to reach these goals within the fellowship year? Include an estimated timeline with milestones distributed throughout the fellowship year:
3. How does this work expand upon or complement current CFE offerings?
4. What resources do you anticipate creating and how will faculty access these resources (e.g. website, Canvas, etc.)?All proposals should include the creation or curation of programming or resources that faculty can continue to utilize once the fellowship is complete.
5. Describe the expected impact of this work on both the faculty fellow and the broader OU community.