The collection focuses on the official declassified and personal papers of former ambassadors and other presidential appointees who have ties to Oklahoma. The archive includes material from the following individuals:
- Ambassador Edward J. Perkins
- Ambassador Everett F. Drumright
- Ambassador Patrick J. Hurley
- Ambassador Jeane J. Kirkpatrick
- Ambassador George C. McGhee
- Ambassador Robert M. McKinney
- Voignier-Marshall collection of articles and photos on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy
Agreements have been made with the following Ambassadors to donate their papers:
- Ambassador John H. Burns
- Ambassador Edwin G. Corr
- Ambassador James R. Jones
- Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, Jr.
- Ambassador Gerald W. Scott
- Ambassador Jenonne R. Walker
The University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections maintains the Oklahoma Diplomatic Archive. For more information on how to access and conduct research through the Archive, call 405.325.3641.