Propose a Short-Term Course at OU in Arezzo or OU in Puebla
Fall or Spring Short-Term Course Proposal OU Study Centers
Academic Year 2021-2022
The College of International Studies announces an opportunity for OU faculty to teach a short term course at our study centers located in Puebla, Mexico and Arezzo, Italy. Faculty are welcome to propose courses at one/both of our Study Center locations during the Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022 academic terms. During their stay, the faculty member would have the opportunity to participate in student life at the center, collaborate with local partners, and help represent OU to the local community. We seek self-directed faculty members willing to adjust to the inevitable challenges of teaching courses abroad.
- Ability to teach a Gen Ed course
- Ability to stay at the center for the duration of the course
- OU in Puebla requires a minimum of 4 weeks
- OU in Arezzo requires a minimum of 8 weeks
Documents to be submitted:
- Cover letter detailing interest in participation
- If proposing an existing course, please provide the gen ed designation and a sample syllabus (this can be from a previous term)
- If proposing a new course, please provide a synopsis of the content to be covered and potential Gen Ed category. We do not need a complete syllabus at this time.
- Very brief letter of support from Department Chair or Director endorsing the proposal
Applications should be submitted by Monday, December 7, 2020 to:
Annaly Beck, Associate Director of Center Operations
Other Program Proposals
Calls for Spring Session, Summer, and Winter Session program proposals at our Study Centers and elsewhere are typically posted in the spring with a deadline in April. Please check back for updated requirements.