The University of Oklahoma in Puebla (OUP) Study Center offers students of all backgrounds and interests the unique opportunity to live and study abroad in Mexico while earning OU degree credit. Located in Puebla, a historic city known for its rich culture and culinary scene, OUP provides the best of both worlds: a home-away-from-home with OU classmates, faculty and staff, and the chance to immerse yourself in a new culture.
Fast Facts about Puebla, Mexico
- Puebla is the “Campus of Mexico” with more than 386 universities in the state of Puebla (8 of the top universities in Mexico) and more than 215,000 students.
- Puebla has partnerships with universities in more than 32 countries.
- Volkswagen and Audi have their western hemisphere headquarters in Puebla.
- Puebla has won multiple awards for public safety, tourism, museums and nightlife. There was a 35% increase in overnight tourism in Puebla during 2014 and a 60% increase in Puebla day trips. More than 700,000 people visited Puebla in 2014.
- UNESCO has declared a large section of Puebla as a World Heritage site, which includes about 400 square blocks and 2,600 colonial buildings.
Apply now for fall 2021!