The Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts in International Studies is an accelerated program designed for exceptional students to earn both the BA and MA in International Studies in 5 years of study.
See checksheet for more rules, regulations and minimum requirements.
A minimum of 144 semester hours acceptable towards graduation must be completed.
BA/MA students must request approval for a second undergraduate major. Reviews are done to ensure that there is adequate time to complete the second major. To be considered for a second major, please email BA/MA academic advisor Katie Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEET WITH US
We recommend that you meet with the BA/MA academic advisor before applying to make sure your individual course plan will work with the accelerated program. Please email advisor Katie Watkins for an appointment.
Sample Course Plan
15 credit hours
Applications are due by the spring of the sophomore year or fall of the junior year.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA for admission
- Students are expected to apply to the BA/MA accelerated program no later than the first semester of their junior year, although application by the second semester of the sophomore year is preferred.
- October 15 for spring admission
- February 15 for fall admission
- Application form (below)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages)
- Official Transcript
PLEASE APPLY USING THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
If you need to submit letters of recommendation or transcripts separately, please email to Katie Watkins at email@example.com or mail to:
Department of International and Area Studies
729 Elm Ave. Room 304
Norman, OK 73019