Skip Navigation

Transfer Credit

Skip Side Navigation

Transfer Credit

Any transfer credit applied to the Master of Arts in International Relations (MAIR) degree at the University of Oklahoma MUST have an international component.

To have coursework from another institution evaluated for transfer credit, students must submit the Early Evaluation of Transfer Credit (EETC) (PDF) form with a course syllabus and an official transcript verifying that the coursework under review is valid graduate-level credit from a regionally-accredited college or university.  

A maximum of six hours of coursework may be transferred for the MAIR degree. This credit may only be applied only to the Elective area of the MAIR degree.

Transfer credit is subject to limitations and must meet ALL criteria established by the MAIR program, the Office of Graduate Admissions, and the Graduate College. Students should reference the Graduate College Bulletin for more information about Graduate College criteria.

Transfer credit coursework will not be reviewed unless an official transcript and course syllabus has been submitted. Please read all required criteria before submitting the EETC form. 

All transfer credit must meet the following criteria:

  • PACS Records and Registration must have an official transcript on file before transfer credit can be reviewed.
  • The course must have an international relations component.
  • Only graduate level coursework may be submitted for transfer credit review.
  • The credit must carry a grade of A, B, or S on a 4.0 scale.
  • The coursework must not be more than five years old at the time of MAIR degree completion.

According to Graduate College regulations, “A master’s student must complete all degree requirements within five calendar years of the first enrollment in any graduate-level coursework to be applied to the master’s (MAIR) degree…Overage transfer credit CANNOT be applied to the master’s degree.” (Graduate College Bulletin

  • The credit cannot have been previously applied towards a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorial degree.
  • The credit must be approved by both the MAIR program and the Dean of the Graduate College.

For best assistance with degree planning and advisement, students should submit the Early Evaluation of Transfer Credit (EETC) form (PDF) (along with the syllabus) prior to the submission of Program of Study.

  1. An official transcript must be on file. Students submit their transcript and EETC form to:
    College of Professional and Continuing Studies, Registration & Records
    ATTN: Transcripts
    1700 Asp Avenue, Room B-1
    Norman, OK 73072-6400

  2. Students should submit the course syllabus to Jennifer Rowley ( in the MAIR program for review. All required paperwork must be submitted before the coursework will be reviewed.
  3. The MAIR program will determine the applicability of the credit submitted for evaluation, recommend approval or denial, and forward the request to the Graduate College for final review.
  4. The Graduate College will review the request and send notification of transfer credit approval/denial to all parties.
  • Notification will only be sent to the student’s OU email address. Please check your OU email regularly for important information from the University.

Contact Jennifer Rowley @  for any questions regarding the transfer credit process.

To have military work evaluated, the coursework must be ACE-approved, graduate coursework. Please check the ACE guide for your specific course.

Certificates or Military Training Reports are NOT accepted for transfer credit.

Air Command and Staff College (ACSC) and Squadron Officers School (SOS) can be completed in-person ONLY.

Squadron Officers School (SOS) is now approved through Air University. To receive credit for SOS, you must submit your Air University transcript and the EETC form to Records & Registration at OU’s College of Professional and Continuing Studies.